Ask Questions Here - ReHIPS Features & Unexpected Behaviors

Started by HJLBX, April 11, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozone

but even if I whitelist it in new location it will still point to old location, in setting there will be two location, one for older not yet renamed and newer with renamed folder,
and it's quite annoying when you run app which create many child processes (chromium based browsers, ...)
and even if I delete both locations in, ReHIPS will still create popup and then againt it will create rules for two location
I don't know how to fix it

aDVll

Quote from: Ozone on February 27, 2017, 06:56:53 PM
but even if I whitelist it in new location it will still point to old location, in setting there will be two location, one for older not yet renamed and newer with renamed folder,
and it's quite annoying when you run app which create many child processes (chromium based browsers, ...)
and even if I delete both locations in, ReHIPS will still create popup and then againt it will create rules for two location
I don't know how to fix it
Get me an image of rules for a portable application that gives you this problem and the also attach the rehips logs after you run it and will see what is happening.

Thanks.

Ozone

I am usually in shadow mode so I can't/don't want to test other apps now

so I have tried different app (TCPViewPortable http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/tcpview-portable), still same error

for rules you mean this? This is for renamed one
program path: Z:\1\TCPViewPortable.exe
windows user name: --------------
can execute programs: allow
can be executed: alert
can execute sub-programs: inapplicable
trust level (full green)
vendor: Rare Ideas, LLC (add to trusted)

for not yet renamed it's same except for path, no vendor, trust level and hash is empty

EDIT:
also the not yet renamed location should be red (files not found) but ReHIPS still think that files still exist, only if I restart GUI it will show files not found

fixer

Thank you for your report, we've seen some issues with file renaming. Problem lies deep in file system internals and some Windows API functions keep returning the old file name. But we've got it in our TODO list to take a closer look at this issue.

Ozone

how does ReHIPS handle tray icons,

when I isolate MS word and than print document, printer will print it but there will be no print tray icon (I think it's generated by explorer process), so I can't check if there are some pending documents to print or cancel current print job

do I need to create rule to allow it appear?

Tarnak

How do I get rid of the color border that I can see round the edge of the browser window? The browser is Opera. I wanted to post some screenshots in the ReHips topic at Wilders' forums, but I couldn't for some reason connected to the install of ReHips earlier, about 80 minutes ago.  These screenshots seem to show with the install of ReHips, that something seems to have affected my browser in some way.

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 01, 2017, 07:34:35 PM
How do I get rid of the color border that I can see round the edge of the browser window? The browser is Opera. I wanted to post some screenshots in the ReHips topic at Wilders' forums, but I couldn't for some reason connected to the install of ReHips earlier, about 80 minutes ago.  These screenshots seem to show with the install of ReHips, that something seems to have affected my browser in some way.
It's just so you can identify that the browser is running isolated. If you don't want that open rehips, click settings, then click advanced mode(on the left of the window), click on the tab called protection, untick Display isolation border and click ok.
After you have done this no border will show up.

EDIT: Check the video below for all the steps.

http://i.imgur.com/52QUaGn.gifv

Tarnak

Thanks.... That did the trick.  But, now  I just got a popup which gives me the choice of OK/ Buy  to do with "Demo limit of isolated programs reached". I clicked OK, of course since this beta testing. But, why and for what have I reached limit?

Tarnak

Everytime, I try to open that image in the browser that you have in your post above, I get that Demo thing business. Annoying!

Umbra

The demo is limited to 10 isolated processes; Chromium-based browsers are multi-process browsers , so you reach the limit just by opening it. You may use FF or IE instead, until you decide to buy a license when the stable will be released.

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 01, 2017, 07:50:42 PM
Everytime, I try to open that image in the browser that you have in your post above, I get that Demo thing business. Annoying!
Opera is multi process. Which means each extension, tab, etc is a different process. Rehips unregistered(demo) version has a limit of 10 processes. When you pass that it gives you the msg you are talking about.
In the paid version there are no limits.

If you wish you can even buy now before it gets released. Contact Fixer for more information if you wish.

EDIT: Umbra was faster.

Tarnak

But, I am a beta tester.  Trying to test. This is silly, that restriction should be lifted, at least while testing.

XhenEd

Tarnak is annoyed. See? :D Chromium-based browsers shouldn't be allowed to launch in isolation when using the Free version. :) At best, offer the free users an upgrade option.

@Tarnak, only few, the closed-beta testers, are given the privilege in getting the registered, unrestricted, version. :)

Tarnak

I an sure @fixer will see these posts. ;)  I have been a long time tester of various security products. Just check at Wilders' forums.

Edit: looks a post  has been made, while I was typing this

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 01, 2017, 07:54:35 PM
But, I am a beta tester.  Trying to test. This is silly, that restriction should be lifted, at least while testing.
Rehips is completly offline. So lets say the devs remove the restriction then why would anyone buy the paid version and not use the beta version FOREVER?