Ask Questions Here - ReHIPS Features & Unexpected Behaviors

Started by HJLBX, April 11, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulderdash

After a while I'll try reinstalling Glasswire to see if the problem reappears. Maybe installing GW after ReHIPS could solve it.
Else, lets hope they fix it on their side (see my Edit: 2 above).

Edit 1: Is anyone else here using Glasswire successfully with ReHIPS?

Edit 2: I think didn't have this issue before with RC2, but at that time I was using the Glasswire free version.

Ozone

Quote from: umbrapolaris on March 05, 2017, 03:21:00 PM
Quote from: Ozone on March 05, 2017, 02:00:26 PM
it's working but some programs  will not be child process of rehips but outside (I use Process Explorer to watch processes)
I am not familiar how this work, but ReHIPS says it's isolated (in GUI and red border) so I think it's okay

some child processes of FF need to be run isolated too, (plug-in container.exe especially) , so you have to add it to the  same IE as FF.

I don't use plugins, so I don't need to.

Quote from: paulderdash on March 06, 2017, 12:10:56 PM
After a while I'll try reinstalling Glasswire to see if the problem reappears. Maybe installing GW after ReHIPS could solve it.

Edit 2: I think didn't have this issue before with RC2, but at that time I was using the Glasswire free version.

I used to use glasswire free, no problem at all with RC2 too.
I just installed it in shadow mode (Shadow Defender) and no BSOD, but I noticed that that paid version has two additional monitors, one for network device and second for camera and mic.

paulderdash

Quote from: paulderdash on March 06, 2017, 12:10:56 PM

Quote from: Ozone
I used to use glasswire free, no problem at all with RC2 too.
I just installed it in shadow mode (Shadow Defender) and no BSOD, but I noticed that that paid version has two additional monitors, one for network device and second for camera and mic.
Thanks @Ozone.
I subsequently saw in MalwareTips you had used Glasswire, and thanks for confirming compatibility of Glasswire free with RC2.
Perhaps it is the paid version with additional monitors (drivers?) that is caused a conflict on my machine. Ticking / unticking antispy camera and microphone in ReHIPS did not make a difference, but I guess the mere co-existence of the drivers could be the issue.
I have had no crashes today. I will try reinstalling first Glasswire free, then paid, tomorrow, and report back.
@crasher @fixer Will you let us know of any further research developments?  I apologise Glasswire issue is not in a different thread ... should I still start one?

crasher

Quote from: paulderdash on March 06, 2017, 06:29:20 PM
@crasher @fixer Will you let us know of any further research developments?  I apologise Glasswire issue is not in a different thread ... should I still start one?
Try to reproduce this crash and if you can, create new thread, we will reproduce and investigate it.

Umbra

Quote from: Ozone on March 06, 2017, 03:55:29 PM

This is not a plugin, this a needed exe for FF to function properly, you can see it in the FF install folder. It must be allowed in the same isolated environment as firefox.exe.

Ozone

Quote from: umbrapolaris on March 07, 2017, 09:50:37 AM
Quote from: Ozone on March 06, 2017, 03:55:29 PM

This is not a plugin, this a needed exe for FF to function properly, you can see it in the FF install folder. It must be allowed in the same isolated environment as firefox.exe.

it's mainly used for plugins, in some version of multi-process FF (e10S) it is used sometimes for tab, but with nightly 54 (x64) I haven't seen plugins-container.exe running, instead of I see several child firefox.exe processes running

even ReHIPS haven't created rule for it

but of course I have plugins-container.exe in same IE for stable FF (e10S is enabled/disabled, it depends if I enable/disable some addons) but with stable FF I visit only sites related with work, and I haven't encountered plugins-container.exe

Umbra

Quote from: Ozone on March 07, 2017, 12:39:25 PM
it's mainly used for plugins, in some version of multi-process FF (e10S) it is used sometimes for tab, but with nightly 54 (x64) I haven't seen plugins-container.exe running, instead of I see several child firefox.exe processes running

even ReHIPS haven't created rule for it

but of course I have plugins-container.exe in same IE for stable FF (e10S is enabled/disabled, it depends if I enable/disable some addons) but with stable FF I visit only sites related with work, and I haven't encountered plugins-container.exe
so you are good

Tarnak

I know that I had this problem with GUI lack of clarity, when I was testing in October, and I mentioned it back then. Still, occurring, for me. See the difference in the following images:

Umbra

i never had this kind of problem, maybe it is a local issue on your system (or maybe the language implementation)

paulderdash

Quote from: crasher on March 06, 2017, 06:52:27 PM
Quote from: paulderdash on March 06, 2017, 06:29:20 PM
Try to reproduce this crash and if you can, create new thread, we will reproduce and investigate it.
I reinstalled Glasswire yesterday, but so far have not been able to reproduce it. Thankfully.

aDVll

Tarnak

No, I don't. I wouldn't know how, anyway. It would probably need a change to the windows registry.

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 08, 2017, 12:04:01 PM
No, I don't. I wouldn't know how, anyway. It would probably need a change to the windows registry.
Assuming you use windows 10 then no. Windows does it on it's own. Can you please check and if it's not at 100% change it to that and see how it looks?

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display and there you click set a custom scaling level.

crasher

Quote from: Tarnak on March 08, 2017, 06:51:02 AM
I know that I had this problem with GUI lack of clarity, when I was testing in October, and I mentioned it back then. Still, occurring, for me. See the difference in the following images:

We testing GUI with font scaling up to 125%. HiDPI monitors support planned on next release.

Tarnak

Quote from: aDVll on March 08, 2017, 12:13:10 PM
Quote from: Tarnak on March 08, 2017, 12:04:01 PM
Assuming you use windows 10 then no. Windows does it on it's own. Can you please check and if it's not at 100% change it to that and see how it looks?

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display and there you click set a custom scaling level.

I have a Surface Book, which is a Microsoft first, and of course it comes with Windows 10 Pro.

I have never ever accessed Control Panel > Display, so everything [settings] is default. It would not be prudent to change scaling, as it may lead to undesirable results, as it warns.