Trackpad scrolling not working all of a sudden

Started by Tarnak, March 05, 2017, 03:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarnak

Quote from: XhenEd on March 07, 2017, 01:13:49 PM
Maybe the problem is the same as mine. But I asked him whether gestures don't work in all windows, he answered yes (gestures don't work in all windows). So, I just presumed that we have different, but maybe similar, problems with touchpads. :)

We may have a very similar problem but with different hardware. The devs for ReHIPS, must have an idea about the problem.

crasher

Quote from: Tarnak on March 06, 2017, 01:52:57 AM
Quote from: XhenEd on March 05, 2017, 08:13:54 AM
Does the scrolling stop in all windows, like when you scroll files in a folder, browsers, etc.?

Yes....but, is OK when ReHIPS is disabled.

Quote from: Tarnak on March 07, 2017, 01:11:46 PM
Quote from: umbrapolaris on March 07, 2017, 09:52:20 AM
so two isolated chromium browser running at same time and the trackpad functon in one of them?

Yes...that's what it seeme.

That is, scrolling works only in the browser of the opera and nowhere else?

Tarnak

@crasher

Yes, in that instance, but it may be different next time.

crasher

Quote from: Tarnak on March 07, 2017, 04:39:23 PM
Yes, in that instance, but it may be different next time.

Can you send me all records about blocking applications (Event ID = 9) from system ReHIPS log (switch to Advanced mode on main window, open Log tab, press "Open system Event Log" button) from last reboot to bug reproduction?

Tarnak

If you mean, Advanced Mode to select from ReHIPS GUI, then that is the mode I prefer to be running, anyway . But, I cannot find  the "Open system Event Log" button in the log.

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 07, 2017, 06:47:02 PM
If you mean, Advanced Mode to select from ReHIPS GUI, then that is the mode I prefer to be running, anyway . But, I cannot find  the "Open system Event Log" button in the log.
He means event viewer logs. You then filter only the Event ID=9 which is the code for blocked.

Tarnak

Quote from: aDVll on March 07, 2017, 06:50:53 PM
He means event viewer logs. You then filter only the Event ID=9 which is the code for blocked.

It wasn't very clear, to me....It is late, now....Nearly,  2:00 am...I am tired, so I am going to bed.

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 07, 2017, 06:55:25 PM
Quote from: aDVll on March 07, 2017, 06:50:53 PM

It wasn't very clear, to me....It is late, now....Nearly,  2:00 am...I am tired, so I am going to bed.
Good night. You can do it when you have some more time. Made a quick video showing the steps.

http://i.imgur.com/r89CXep.gifv

Tarnak

Thanks...That guide was helpful.  I hope, this log contains what you were after:

P.S. Can you PM the info, on how you made that clip? Is there special software, that one uses?

Tarnak

I just checked the ReHIPS logs, and evidently, I don't have any Event ID 9, events.

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 08, 2017, 03:58:36 AM
Thanks...That guide was helpful.  I hope, this log contains what you were after:

P.S. Can you PM the info, on how you made that clip? Is there special software, that one uses?
It's a free program called sharex and it's the screen recording(gif) function.
https://getsharex.com/

Yeah, you don't seem to have block events. Log is empty.

Tarnak

Quote from: aDVll on March 08, 2017, 11:03:39 AM
Quote from: Tarnak on March 08, 2017, 03:58:36 AM

It's a free program called sharex and it's the screen recording(gif) function.
https://getsharex.com/

Yeah, you don't seem to have block events. Log is empty.

I will look into that program, thanks.  :) A pity, there was nothing useful in the log.  I wonder what else that can be done to find the cause of the problem, I am having.

aDVll

What you need to figure out is if the trackpad works in general and only doesn't work in isolated environments that run in another desktop. If that is the case then it's normal and it's a bug of the trackpad and not rehips.
It was analyzed by developers a while ago. The only difference is that you said it doesn't work in general in any windows not even explorer window. If you can confirm exactly which of thi scenarios i mentioned maybe we will figure something out.

Tarnak

@aDVll

I think in my descriptions of the problem, earlier in this thread, shows that Surface Book works in general, but plays up when it comes to ReHIPS.

I enclose screenshots, that shows some device properties for the Surface Book. Nothing, is out of order, so the problem would appear to be  with ReHIPS.

aDVll

Simple test. Open as many of this application as you can and tell me if the touchpad works.

Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Palemoon --> here it should work if i am guessing correctly

MS office/Vivaldi/Abobe Acrobat/Internet explorer ->here it should not work