Trackpad scrolling not working all of a sudden

Started by Tarnak, March 05, 2017, 03:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarnak

I just started my laptop, and opened Opera, Vivaldi and Internet Explorer.  ReHIPS, was disabled at bootup.

Opera, Vivaldi and Internet Explore are scrolling, fine.  I don't think it is necessary to install FF and Palemoon browsers.

I don't have or need MS Office and Adobe Reader.  So, I won't be installing them.

Tarnak

I just tried something: 

Activated ReHIPS, i.e. no longer disabled, and still with the Opera, Vivaldi and Internet Explorer open, as per screenshot one.

Scrolling is still OK.  I had one C: drive, Windows folder showing as per the taskbar, and it was scrolling OK.

But, then I opened another Windows folder, and is now showing in the task bar. However, that was opened following ReHips being renabled.

See screenshot two, and it shows all the browsers, and the Windows folders in the taskbar.  I can continue to scroll with the original startups, i.e. 3 browsers and one Windows folder. But, the one that was opened after ReHips was enabled, i.e. additional Windows folder does not.

crasher

As an experiment, give Vivaldi IE all WinStation Access Rights. See attach.

Tarnak

At the moment I am posting in this thread, via Opera browser, and it is not currently running in an IE. 

This what I see when I go into the edit settings for Opera. Not sure if I am meant to edit anything. And, how should it be.

crasher

Quote from: Tarnak on March 09, 2017, 02:38:35 PM
At the moment I am posting in this thread, via Opera browser, and it is not currently running in an IE. 

This what I see when I go into the edit settings for Opera. Not sure if I am meant to edit anything. And, how should it be.

For Opera additionally check all WinStation Access Rights and DESKTOP_HOOKCONTROL. Run Opera in IE and test scrolling.

Tarnak

Ok....I made the changes, shutdown and rebooted.  Opened Opera in IE, but still hasn't remedied the scrolling problem. Any more ideas?

crasher

IE changes applies without reboot. Further investigation of the problem will be carried out by fixer when it will be available.

Tarnak

Ok, thanks.   ...In the meantime I have the HIPS, but not the IE.

XhenEd

@Tarnak

Can you try with an external mouse? Does it still not work even with an external mouse?

Tarnak

@XhenEd

When I bought my Surface Book, I also purchased the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6SMKgq1JY0

So, I have both utilisation of Trackpad and/or mouse. While I can use the mouse for scrolling, I prefer to use the trackpad. 

I use the mouse for clicking on folders, links etc. 

P.S. I am in communication with @fixer, also.