Main Menu

svchost cpu usage

Started by Ozone, January 03, 2017, 05:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixer

CPU usage should be fixed now.

Quote from: Ozone on January 14, 2017, 11:55:29 PM
if I disable one sound device rehips will show that microphone is disabled, but it's not, because 2nd sound device it's still enabled
Is it reproducable on the latest prosperity build?

Ozone

I am using prosperity and I still have problem with CPU usage.

Rehips will now show square in check box so it's better, but now if I don't disable microphone manually via tray sound icon, rehips will fail to disable sound device with microphone, other sound device will be disabled

fixer

CPU usage was fixed after prosperity, so it's OK.
Does ReHIPS complain that it can't change state of sound device and that the device may probably be in use?

Ozone

yeah
have to disable all recording devices (microphone and stereo mix), and in device manager it will show that I have to restart pc to apply changes

fixer

Some audio devices are indeed can't change their state, if they're in use. As sound card is disabled completely, sometimes even playing music prevents the device from being disabled. Maybe it's the case you have. If not, like you can't disable it even right after reboot without any other programs running, then could you give a detailed step-by-step description of what you do and what you see.

Ozone

yeah it says it's in use
after reboot I can disable it but only if I am really fast
also I think it's driver related because with generic driver I don't have problem with it

fixer

So you just boot and do nothing. If you're fast, ReHIPS disables all sound devices without any problems. But if you wait for a couple of minutes, some sound devices become in use and ReHIPS doesn't disable them and complains. Correct?
If you rollback to default sound drivers, it always works OK. Correct?
If you boot and wait for a couple of minutes disabling of the same sound devices from device manager also fails and asks for reboot to apply settings. Correct?

Ozone

correct
but I need to be really fast, sometimes it works sometimes not

fixer

Then I guess it's not ReHIPS fault. Something does indeed start to use audio device and doesn't let it go. Do you have any software that comes with the drivers? I don't think that driver itself is responsible for this. Most likely it's some software that doesn't do it if it doesn't see its specific driver when you roll back to default driver.

Ozone

I am sorry but currently I can't test it, my HDD is failing and I am on other system

but IIRC I've installed Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs driver from Microsoft Update Catalog and the only software it comes with is Realtek  audio manager,
I have disabled all realtek services and still I couldn't disable sound card, unless I disable all recording devices

fixer

Does anyone else have the same or similar issue with realtek? As I have realtek on one of my old PCs, but don't have the issue.

aDVll

Quote from: fixer on May 14, 2017, 02:58:24 PM
Does anyone else have the same or similar issue with realtek? As I have realtek on one of my old PCs, but don't have the issue.
Also have realtek but it doesn't affect me. It sure takes a while to disable it but it does it at the end(30sec). What version of the driver do you guys have? Mine is the one shown below.
http://i.imgur.com/9ALuMGR.png

Ozone

I think I have found out culprit, driver I have installed has corrupted/missing files (HDD is failing), I can't test it now but after I get new HDD I will tell,
also found out that if I have window with sound devices (rundl32.exe) open, device manager and ReHIPS won't disable sound card if recording devices are enabled

Ozone

I have installed latest driver and no errors appear

fixer

As I suspected, it wasn't ReHIPS fault. Good, it's solved then.