Ask Questions Here - ReHIPS Features & Unexpected Behaviors

Started by HJLBX, April 11, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perisanboy

I see thnx for the answer:P
So  Rehips don't care if the GUI is nice or ugly or it has old gui IMAO

perisanboy

IDK its a bug or just a normal behave from Rehips.
Today I just reinstalled the Rehips so it auto isolated my browser and set run isolated rule for the browser.
I just removed that rule and set Rehips to smart mode but when I ran browser Rehips generate no alert because the Yandex was already in the dig signed list ok? everything was expected but the problem is Yandex isn't in the program list! I mean Rehips didn't add it to the programs list.!
Is it normal?
Should I add Yandex manually to the list?

aDVll

Smart mode? If you have it in standard mode and yandex digital signature vendor is added in rehips it will make no alert and it will not be added in the list. It's allowed by digital signature.

perisanboy

I just removed that dig signed and restart the browser so rehips asked me and I told it to allow so added it to programs list.

perisanboy

Quote from: aDVll on September 28, 2017, 11:07:15 PM
Smart mode? If you have it in standard mode and yandex digital signature vendor is added in rehips it will make no alert and it will not be added in the list. It's allowed by digital signature.
xd I call standard smart:D its better than standard:D

perisanboy

For dig sign malware like a malware that signed with Microsoft, standard mode is not a good idea.

perisanboy

Thnx for the answer fixer.
I can see the new feature in the program list that asks me when I want to remove a rule.
Can we have this option to tell it don't ask again? because it's painful.
Or smth like don't ask till I press ok and exit the programs list?
Another suggestion:
1-Can we have this RulesManager64 in GUI? I mean design an option in Rehips Gui and call it initial system scan or smth like that :) so the user can run it from the Gui,  everytime he wants, not the Rehips folder.
Also, let us scan the whole windows not only driver c because you may installed smth in other drivers.

perisanboy

oh I forgot to say when you remove the Rehips that Rehips folder will remain in c: users
Pls, do smth for this because I have to remove it manually:P

Tarnak

I must be getting slow in my old age  ..."smth" > a new way to spell the word 'something'.  :-\

fixer

Quote from: perisanboy on October 01, 2017, 03:15:53 AM
I can see the new feature in the program list that asks me when I want to remove a rule.
Can we have this option to tell it don't ask again? because it's painful.
It should allow multiselect, so you can select several items and remove them all at once.

Quote from: perisanboy on October 01, 2017, 03:15:53 AM
1-Can we have this RulesManager64 in GUI? I mean design an option in Rehips Gui and call it initial system scan or smth like that :) so the user can run it from the Gui,  everytime he wants, not the Rehips folder.
Also, let us scan the whole windows not only driver c because you may installed smth in other drivers.
Rules reinstallation is always possible via Settings->Programs tab->Reinstall Rules.
But RulesManager GUI is a different thing. RulesManager doesn't look as nice as Main GUI, so we decided not to make it easily accessible right now, it's a feature for advanced users. When we redesign it, we'll make a shortcut in Start Menu, maybe a button in Main GUI.
It doesn't scan the whole disk looking for installed programs. It scans installed programs list instead, so if a program is in that list, doesn't matter where it's installed, it'll find it.

Quote from: perisanboy on October 01, 2017, 03:31:00 AM
oh I forgot to say when you remove the Rehips that Rehips folder will remain in c: users
Pls, do smth for this because I have to remove it manually:P
ReHIPS user profile folder should be deleted OK. Some files may be in use, so they're removed after reboot only, but it should eventually be deleted OK. Try to see if it's there after reboot.

Quote from: Tarnak on October 01, 2017, 10:35:46 AM
I must be getting slow in my old age  ..."smth" > a new way to spell the word 'something'.  :-\
Yeah, we're getting lazier to type whole words :)

perisanboy

Hei,
Thanks for the answers you gave Fixer.
I can select them together but I thought It would be good if we have that feature.
So for installing the rules that button in program list would be enough, also I didn't know it will look at the installed app.
Thnx for the info :)
I found smth and I guess it's a problem:
When you set the alert rule for smth in smart mode and then run that program it will alert you for the first time but you have to set rule for that program like allow or inspect children.
if I want to have an alert rule for smth forever I cant.
is there any way to have an alert rule for smth forever?

fixer

Quote from: perisanboy on October 01, 2017, 09:18:03 PM
When you set the alert rule for smth in smart mode and then run that program it will alert you for the first time but you have to set rule for that program like allow or inspect children.
if I want to have an alert rule for smth forever I cant.
is there any way to have an alert rule for smth forever?
You can select Only Once option - your choice will matter only this one time, no permanent changes will be made to the database, the next time that program is launched, ReHIPS will ask you again.

perisanboy