Breaf Comment & Feature Request

Started by CyberGhosT, June 08, 2016, 12:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberGhosT

So far I have had only 1 small issue launching nVidia's C-panel.
A quick trip to learning mode, running the C-panel, I made sure to click on all of the menu options.
Closed it and set ReHIPS to "Standard Mode" and tried again and it opened without a hiccup :)

My Feature Request revolves around how easy it is to disable ReHIPS from the right click menu.
For instance I have 3 daughters who are young but are learning to use the PC and on occasion I allow them to use this Gaming PC, not often but occasionally.
They very well could "by mistake" deactivate ReHIPS not meaning to.
Password protecting the UI would be a very smart idea, or moving the "Disable" option to a further sub menu.

Fixer, this is an amazing piece of software, light on the system, easy to install as well as config. It is impressive, and I can not wait to be able to purchase this for myself and for friends and family. You and your team should be very proud.
PeAcE

aDVll

Just a way around your issue. When kids are on the pc set rehips on lockdown mode and kill the gui. Lockdown mode doesn't need gui to work. That way they can't change anything or allow anything until you start the gui again.

CyberGhosT

Great temp solution, I will do this.
while I "don't" the average user may find this frustrating, a password nothing fancy
would be a great addition to this amazing product. It would also keep those that would get a chuckle out of turning it off on purpose at bay.
Thanks aDVll for the suggestion.
PeAcE

aDVll

Sure i understand that's why i said it's a way around your problem. Devs will for sure check your suggestion and consider it.

crasher

ReHIPS protection is based on Windows security. Only administrators are allowed to configure and operate ReHIPS Control Center. So protection from unauthorized control is already implemented. Adding additional password protection may be redundant. Possible solution is to use separate user Windows account and/or enable ReHIPS Lock-Down Mode. I don't think that separate Windows account is necessary as we're talking about kids and not some malicious intruder. But Lock-Down Mode was meant for situations like this, for domain-joined computers with centralized management in completely headless (without GUI) mode with users even unaware they've got ReHIPS running. We'll think about additional confirmation to avoid protection deactivation by misplaced clicks. But I'm not sure we'll add full-fledged additional password protection.

CyberGhosT

Thank You crasher for the well written feedback.
I fully understand, and was not aware that closing the UI would work
and not shut down ReHIPS, that's what I get for jumping in so late
to the beta :).
I have already started spreading the news within my gaming circles many are very
excited about ReHIPS as many will have the ability to reclaim much needed resource usage
that traditional AV solutions eat up like candy.

Keep up the Awesome work.
PeAcE

aDVll

Quote from: CyberGhosT on June 14, 2016, 09:07:55 AM
Thank You crasher for the well written feedback.
I fully understand, and was not aware that closing the UI would work
and not shut down ReHIPS, that's what I get for jumping in so late
to the beta :).
I have already started spreading the news within my gaming circles many are very
excited about ReHIPS as many will have the ability to reclaim much needed resource usage
that traditional AV solutions eat up like candy.

Keep up the Awesome work.
PeAcE
Just note that rehips works without gui only in Lockdown mode.