Ask Questions Here - ReHIPS Features & Unexpected Behaviors

Started by HJLBX, April 11, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.X

Quote from: aDVll on June 09, 2016, 04:34:50 PM
If you mean if you can change the initial rules then yes. If a rule is present the rule pack will not affect them. They will stay as you set them up.
So if I click on Install Rules on main GUI and they are re-run again my customized settings are not set back to default initial rules, correct?

aDVll

Quote from: Mr.X on June 09, 2016, 04:55:47 PM
Quote from: aDVll on June 09, 2016, 04:34:50 PM
If you mean if you can change the initial rules then yes. If a rule is present the rule pack will not affect them. They will stay as you set them up.
So if I click on Install Rules on main GUI and they are re-run again my customized settings are not set back to default initial rules, correct?
Correct. If a rule is present it doesn't get overwritten.

Mr.X

Quote from: aDVll on June 09, 2016, 04:58:34 PM
Fine, thanks. Anyway I believe there should be a confirmation msgbox everytime we click on Install Rules. Sometimes I accidentally click on it and Exe Radar Pro warns about it then I block it but the process goes into an infinite loop of block and auto-run which makes me to restart the machine, otherwise I have to allow to Install Rules once again, no good for me.

aDVll

Quote from: Mr.X on June 09, 2016, 05:12:40 PM
Quote from: aDVll on June 09, 2016, 04:58:34 PM
Fine, thanks. Anyway I believe there should be a confirmation msgbox everytime we click on Install Rules. Sometimes I accidentally click on it and Exe Radar Pro warns about it then I block it but the process goes into an infinite loop of block and auto-run which makes me to restart the machine, otherwise I have to allow to Install Rules once again, no good for me.
it's already confirmed install button will be moved in the next release. It was suggested by umbrapolaris a while back and devs said they will do it.
https://forum.re-crypt.com/index.php?topic=2105

Mr.X

Quote from: aDVll on June 09, 2016, 05:15:41 PM
it's already confirmed install button will be moved in the next release. It was suggested by umbrapolaris a while back and devs said they will do it.
Ah yes, thank you so much.

aDVll

Quote from: Mr.X on June 09, 2016, 05:21:16 PM
Quote from: aDVll on June 09, 2016, 05:15:41 PM
Ah yes, thank you so much.
No worries.

XhenEd

I'm not sure if these behaviors are intended. I use the browser as a model. These might apply also to other programs.

1. When the browser is within the isolated account, and it is restarted (i.e. by add-on request, etc.), the browser closes and will not come back, unless it is started by the user again.

2. If the browser is already open in the isolated account, then I switched to the main account, and then open the browser again using its shortcut in the main account, it would say "Pale Moon is already running..." and then closes.

For the second item, I suggest that the program within the isolated account should be called. And so, if clicking the shortcut in the main account happens, the browser that is already open within the isolated account should be opened again. It should be like restoring a minimized program.

fixer

Quote from: XhenEd on June 10, 2016, 04:59:47 AM
1. When the browser is within the isolated account, and it is restarted (i.e. by add-on request, etc.), the browser closes and will not come back, unless it is started by the user again.
Can you tell how to reproduce it, so I could take a look into it.

2. If the browser is already open in the isolated account, then I switched to the main account, and then open the browser again using its shortcut in the main account, it would say "Pale Moon is already running..." and then closes.
This is browser behavior, it was coded to do so. I don't think ReHIPS can affect it in any way.

aDVll

I'm not sure if these behaviors are intended. I use the browser as a model. These might apply also to other programs.

Tried with Firefox and this and it restarted just fine.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/re-start/

XhenEd

It is really weird that restart is not working properly with my ReHIPS.

All settings of ReHIPS is default except the inclusion of Pale Moon to be launched automatically to its isolation.
I use Pale Moon 64-bit. OS is Windows 10 64-bit (Enterprise Evaluation Copy).
I tried to restart with Lastpass' installation and with the re-start add-on given by aDVII. But every restart just closed the isolated desktop. I waited for awhile, but it really wasn't launching again. It only launched back when I open the browser, and the installation of Lastpass was successful.

aDVll

Quote from: XhenEd on June 10, 2016, 03:13:00 PM

All settings of ReHIPS is default except the inclusion of Pale Moon to be launched automatically to its isolation.
I use Pale Moon. OS is Windows 10 64-bit. Evaluation copy.
I tried to restart with Lastpass' installation and with the re-start add-on given by aDVII. But every restart just closed the isolated desktop. I waited for awhile, but it really wasn't launching again. It only launched back when I open the browser, and the installation of Lastpass was successful.
Give me a few min to try with pale moon. Maybe that is the problem. Tell me what version you use so i can try the same?
Found Pale Moon 26.2.2 with 32 or 64 bit. Tell me what to get.

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 10, 2016, 03:14:59 PM

Give me a few min to try with pale moon. Maybe that is the problem. Tell me what version you use so i can try the same?
I use 64 bit.

aDVll

Quote from: XhenEd on June 10, 2016, 03:18:53 PM
Quote from: aDVll on June 10, 2016, 03:14:59 PM

I use 64 bit.
Just tried with latest windws 10 64bit, pale moon 64 bit and the extension i linked you and it worked :S
Maybe you use some other software that blocks something?
Also what rules did you make for pale moon to have exactly the same?

XhenEd

:( :( :(
No. This Guest OS just got a reset. After reset, only Guest Additions, Pale Moon, and ReHIPS were installed.

aDVll

Ok show me the rules you made so it runs isolated and with what permissions to make sure we have the same stuff.