Ask Questions Here - ReHIPS Features & Unexpected Behaviors

Started by HJLBX, April 11, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aDVll

Quote from: Noverco on June 16, 2016, 05:07:18 PM
Thank you aDVll I will check out Keepass. 

As this is my first experience being involved in any type of forum.

I appreciate your assistance and suggestions aDVll, thank you.
You are welcome.

XhenEd

Is it intended that Vivaldi has separate desktop and hook control enabled, unlike Google Chrome that has the options unchecked? Why? There are both Chromium-based.

aDVll

Quote from: XhenEd on June 19, 2016, 05:15:31 PM
Is it intended that Vivaldi has separate desktop and hook control enabled, unlike Google Chrome that has the options unchecked? Why? There are both Chromium-based.
I assume you made the rules manually for Vivaldi and default is hooks and different desktop? If yes then try disabling both and see if it works.
If rules were made by rehips then a dev tested it and it didn't work without hooks but you can test it on your own and confirm if something changed.  ;)

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 19, 2016, 05:18:05 PM
Quote from: XhenEd on June 19, 2016, 05:15:31 PM
I assume you made the rules manually for Vivaldi and default is hooks and different desktop? If yes then try disabling both and see if it works.
If rules were made by rehips then a dev tested it and it didn't work without hooks but you can test it on your own and confirm if something changed.  ;)
I deleted the user profiles of Chrome, IE, and Vivaldi. Then, I installed the rules with RulesPack. After that, I saw Vivaldi back again. So, I think it was intended. But I'm just not sure why the options are checked, since it is also Chromium-based.

Yeah, I will test it later.

XhenEd

I just got a message: Demo limit of isolated programs reached.
I'm running Google Chrome with many processes as expected. Then, I ran Vivaldi which has many processes too.

I already registered this. Is there still limit?

aDVll

Register has no limit. Are you sure it's still activated? Try restarting i guess to see if activation stays so devs have something to go by.

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 19, 2016, 05:35:27 PM
Register has no limit. Are you sure it's still activated? Try restarting i guess to see if activation stays so devs have something to go by.
I will try to restart the system.

I also just tried executing Vivaldi with separate desktop and hook control unchecked. It hanged. I also didn't get the demo limit message. I'll restart the system now.

XhenEd

I already restarted the system, but I still get demo limit message. It's regardless of Vivaldi. When the number of programs reach more than 10, demo limit pop-up shows up. About Page says ReHIPS is registered to me. What I did, however, if this would make a difference, was click on the "Registered" button.

Edit: It's not consistent with Chrome. Chrome now has more than 10 processes, but the pop-up never shows. I launched Vivaldi, then the pop-up showed.  :o

aDVll

Wait for devs i guess. Might be a bug because i clicked the registered button also and nothing changed.
Maybe it's this
https://forum.re-crypt.com/index.php?topic=2384.0

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 19, 2016, 06:03:12 PM
Wait for devs i guess. Might be a bug because i clicked the registered button also and nothing changed.
Maybe it's this
https://forum.re-crypt.com/index.php?topic=2384.0

Oohh.. maybe... I have no Shadow Defender, but I have RollBack Rx installed.

aDVll

yeah umbra had it before with RollBack but not 100% sure because at some point it stopped happening for him.

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 19, 2016, 06:13:22 PM
yeah umbra had it before with RollBack but not 100% sure because at some point it stopped happening for him.
But I think RollBack Rx is potentially the culprit only when doing a rollback, which I haven't done yet after registering ReHIPS. I'm thinking of my other security softwares.
Just for clarification, I'm using ReHIPS on my host/main OS. So, there are other security software installed.

fixer

I think it's this bug https://forum.re-crypt.com/index.php?topic=2384.0 So lets suspend this report until you try the version with it fixed.

Umbra

Quote from: XhenEd on June 19, 2016, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: aDVll on June 19, 2016, 06:13:22 PM
But I think RollBack Rx is potentially the culprit only when doing a rollback, which I haven't done yet after registering ReHIPS. I'm thinking of my other security softwares.
Just for clarification, I'm using ReHIPS on my host/main OS. So, there are other security software installed.

I have done several rollbacks with RX after RX was installed, the "unregistering" issue never happened with RC2.

XhenEd

Is it always slow when creating a new isolated environment?

As an example, when I create an isolated environment for Chrome and Copy User Data is checked, it would take about 2-3 minutes to launch, then it would hang for about 1-2 minutes, then all would be good to go. So, approximately, creating a new isolated environment takes about 5 minutes before it can be used.

My laptop has HDD, not SSD. So, expect relative slowness. :)