Ask Questions Here - ReHIPS Features & Unexpected Behaviors

Started by HJLBX, April 11, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aDVll

Quote from: umbrapolaris on October 17, 2016, 06:43:24 AM
im have plenty to secure my back too, i was just asking for informations, i was not sure if the question was asked already
I know. You have Fort Knox equivalent protection.

Tarnak

Hello,

I have installed v2.2.0RC2...However, I don't understand whether it is to start automatically, or is it an on demand installation, only.

It appears to me that it is on demand, only.   Also, do need to register the program, or because it is a beta, there is no need.

Umbra

Quote from: Tarnak on October 19, 2016, 06:37:13 AM
Hello,

I have installed v2.2.0RC2...However, I don't understand whether it is to start automatically, or is it an on demand installation, only.
It appears to me that it is on demand, only.   

No it it start automatically, demo or full version, i guess you are using a SUA (Standard User Account) so the GUI won't start automatically on SUA, if that the case, you have 2 solutions:

1- the simplest : on settings > Protection, set ReHIPS to  Lockdown Mode (always) , then the service will start silently wihout GUI. you will surely have some apps of yours blocked but you can whitelist them later (the best option is to whitelist them prior to enter lockdown mode).

2- create a scheluded task starting when you log on on SUA, and launching HIPSGui64.exe, so the GUI will show up when you log on.

QuoteAlso, do need to register the program, or because it is a beta, there is no need.

if you register (aka you buy it ^^)  you will have unlimited process isolation, while the free demo (as you surely using actually) is limited to 10 processes (so bye bye using Chrome or other multi-processes browsers)

Tarnak

Quote from: umbrapolaris on October 19, 2016, 07:03:18 AM
Hello,

No it it start automatically, demo or full version, i guess you are using a SUA (Standard User Account) so the GUI won't start automatically on SUA, if that the case, you have 2 solutions:

1- the simplest : on settings > Protection, set ReHIPS to  Lockdown Mode (always) , then the service will start silently wihout GUI. you will surely have some apps of yours blocked but you can whitelist them later (the best option is to whitelist them prior to enter lockdown mode).

2- create a scheluded task starting when you log on on SUA, and launching HIPSGui64.exe, so the GUI will show up when you log on.

QuoteAlso, do need to register the program, or because it is a beta, there is no need.

if you register (aka you buy it ^^)  you will have unlimited process isolation, while the free demo (as you surely using actually) is limited to 10 processes (so bye bye using Chrome or other multi-processes browsers)

Thanks for your assistance and advice.  :)  I run Windows 10 Pro in admin mode.    ...So, that wasn't the problem of why it wasn't starting.

I went into the settings, and clicked on "Reset to defaults".  That fixed it, and it now runs at startup.

P.S.  How does one get to be part of the 'active users' group?

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on October 19, 2016, 11:17:53 AM
Quote from: umbrapolaris on October 19, 2016, 07:03:18 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your assistance and advice.  :)  I run Windows 10 Pro in admin mode.    ...So, that wasn't the problem of why it wasn't starting.

I went into the settings, and clicked on "Reset to defaults".  That fixed it, and it now runs at startup.

Be active, report bugs, help users and wait.... It's like any forum.

Tarnak

Quote from: aDVll on October 19, 2016, 11:19:25 AM

I see, thank you.    ;)

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on October 19, 2016, 11:19:25 AM
Quote from: aDVll on October 19, 2016, 11:24:24 AM
Quote from: Tarnak on October 19, 2016, 11:19:25 AM

I see, thank you.    ;)
You are welcome.

Tarnak

Tarnak

I am running Opera browser v40.0.2308.81...

"Demo limit of isolated programs reached"...I have to go into the log and delete program from the log, when it reaches the limit.

What is the point in participating in the beta, with such limitation?

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on October 19, 2016, 12:58:28 PM
I am running Opera browser v40.0.2308.81...

"Demo limit of isolated programs reached"...I have to go into the log and delete program from the log, when it reaches the limit.

It's to test the program. It gives you 10 processes for free(which are a lot for anything that multi process browser) and if you want more you can buy the program.

Umbra

Quote from: Tarnak on October 19, 2016, 12:58:28 PM

Testing is not only surfing, is also using other programs which 99% of them don't have more than 1-2 processes active at a time. Only chromium based browsers are limited. Not a big deal, you still have several mono-process browsers.

Tarnak

I have a problem with GUI resolution, as per screenshot:

aDVll

Tarnak

If you look at the screenshot, carefully, it is obvious that under 'Protection mode:', that the five levels are not clearly shown, i.e. illegible.

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on October 20, 2016, 10:40:19 AM
If you look at the screenshot, carefully, it is obvious that under 'Protection mode:', that the five levels are not clearly shown, i.e. illegible.
I saw that buddy. I want your pc resolution which creates the problem so i can test it if possible by my setup.

Also did you change windows scaling level?