Main Menu

Air vpn

Started by Denis, July 29, 2018, 11:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis

Not sure if i am doing it ok. Installing air vpn in learning mode. Check. Putting it in standard mode. Rebooting. All fine. But after next reboot always the same problem. My real ip is leaking.  Also air is crashing. W 10 pro with shadow defender and emisoft anti maleware. I am using the last stable version of Air.  Any simple step by step would-be great.  Thank you for your time.

fixer

Hello, Denis. Thank you for your interest in our product and welcome to our forum.

Just to make sure we're on the same page.
What OS do you use, Windows 10 Pro x86 or x64?
Air vpn 2.15.2? x86 or x64?
What ReHIPS version do you have, 2.4.0?

I guess your IP leaks because air vpn is crashing. How does it happen? Any particular steps to reproduce it?

Denis

Eddie version: 2.15.2
Eddie OS build: windows_x64
Eddie architecture: x64
OS type: Windows
OS name: Windows 10 Pro
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0
OS architecture: x64
W 2018.07.30 07:51:37 - Recovery. Unexpected crash?
Rehips 2.4.0
Installing and rebooting is all i have to do for reproducing it. i am on the vpn on this moment and leaking. https://browserleaks.com/ip

fixer

Could you send me ReHIPS log? ReHIPS Control Center main window->Log tab->Open system Event Log button and save all events in a file. You can upload it and send me a link via PM.
Thank you for your time.

Denis

Was not sure how to send it, so i email it ;D

fixer

Thank you for the log. But unfortunately looks like you copy-pasted it from ReHIPS Log tab, it doesn't have older events like when AirVPN crashed. That's why I asked to go to Event Log and save all events. This way it'll also have events of past days. In the current log I don't see Eddie-UI crashing.

aDVll

it's not airvpn as i am using it forever with rehips without issues.

You need to allow a few files from airvpn though or whitelist in trusted vendors AIR DI PAOLO BRINI and if you decide to use beta version you need AIR DI PAOLO BRINI and Simon Tatham.

Also need these few command lines. I added them in the xml format as it's easier but make sure i didn't miss any. Take a note at rehi[s logs when airvpn connects to see if you have any blocks.

Quote<TrustedCmdLine CmdLine="netsh  interface ipv4 set dns name=&quot;*&quot; source=static address=* register=primary validate=no" />
<TrustedCmdLine CmdLine="&quot;cmd.exe&quot; /c netsh interface ipv4 set dns name=&quot;Ethernet*&quot; source=static address=* register=primary validate=no" />
<TrustedCmdLine CmdLine="&quot;cmd.exe&quot; /c ipconfig /flushdns" />
<TrustedCmdLine CmdLine="&quot;cmd.exe&quot; /c ipconfig /registerdns" />
<TrustedCmdLine CmdLine="&quot;cmd.exe&quot; /c route -? PRINT" />
<TrustedCmdLine CmdLine="&quot;cmd.exe&quot; /c route add * mask 255.255.255.255 * if 19" />
<TrustedCmdLine CmdLine="&quot;cmd.exe&quot; /c route delete * if 19" />

fixer

After some investigation looks like it was AirVPN issue that has nothing to do with ReHIPS. And as far as I know it was already addressed and fixed by AirVPN developers. So this one is solved.