[FAQ] ReHIPS best practices (part 6)

Started by fixer, August 13, 2018, 03:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixer

13. Don't do something unless you're sure of what you're doing. I know, I know, there already are literary tons of articles about this. But user-awareness is still one of the major reasons of why security incidents happen. This section includes all the advices of not to execute programs from untrusted sources, don't visit suspicious sites, etc. Even if you have all the top-notch security, do you really want to get in a battle against unknown adversary? I believe the best outcome of a battle is battle avoided.

14. Mind Trusted Users. ReHIPS Trusted Users are some kind of non-official administrators. So really think twice or better three times before you add someone there.

15. It's a good idea to know the instruments you're using well. To help know ReHIPS we made this blog subforum, so it's recommended to read it. At least topics marked with "FAQ", they're all listed here https://forum.rehips.com/index.php?topic=9520.0 They contain some ReHIPS internals, best practices, non-obvious tricks and other useful advices to help use ReHIPS to the fullest extent of its capabilities creating ultimate protection.