Weird behavior on restart

Started by Stephen, July 03, 2019, 10:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

Hmm... I'm sorry for asking so many questions but...

I ran a utility to totally remove Bitdefender (found on Bitdefender's website) since I suspected that there may be remnants of it after normal uninstallation. After rebooting the laptop I started ReHIPS Control Center and I received a message that this is the first time that I'm running it and would i like to use Learning mode. I responded negatively and I noticed that my customization settings were not affected. That message was unexpected.

A second point is how may I automatically start the ReHIPS Control Center upon starting/logging in/restarting the laptop? I'm using a standard user account and I realize that Administrator rights are required. I seem to recall reading something about using Task Scheduler, but I don't remember where I saw it. You should note that I must have read almost two hundred pages about ReHIPS in the last couple of days!

shmu26

In settings, when logged into that user account, put a tick in the box for start automatically.
And in your admin account, add the standard user to the trusted users list.

Stephen

Ah... thanks. I missed the Autostart setting. I also added the standard user account to the trusted users list.