Good and bad about ReHIPS' marketing

Started by Stephen, July 05, 2019, 09:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

In the last few days I have searched a lot on the Internet about ReHIPS. To my surprise I did not find much information about it for example, reviews, comparisons and any other discussion apart of course from this Forum.

To my mind there is a benefit and a disadvantage from this. On one hand ReHIPS is less visible and therefore possibly less attractive to anyone wishing to do any damage to the program for example, by finding any weaknesses in it and using them for malevolent purposes. On the other hand the problem that ReHIPS is not well promoted on the Internet means that the developers have less income!

fixer

ReHIPS is based on Windows built-in security principles and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. So I don't think there are security bugs in it. Usability-probably, though we do our best to fix them; security-I don't think so.

But yeah, you're right, marketing part falls behind technical part and mostly because we focus on security and development.

BTW, we have some internal programs like if someone buys ReHIPS and refers to you, you'll get your license prolonged.

Stephen

Quote from: fixer on July 05, 2019, 12:29:15 PM
BTW, we have some internal programs like if someone buys ReHIPS and refers to you, you'll get your license prolonged.

Thank you! I'll bear it in mind.

Mr.X

Quote from: fixer on July 05, 2019, 12:29:15 PM
ReHIPS is based on Windows built-in security principles and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. So I don't think there are security bugs in it. Usability-probably, though we do our best to fix them; security-I don't think so.

But yeah, you're right, marketing part falls behind technical part and mostly because we focus on security and development.

I'm going to chime in a bit and yet I could be kind of annoying cause this has been said before: I think this sandboxing program (ReHIPS) should be developed to the point to get a Sandboxie like application. Many users including me are so used to the powers and usability of Sandboxie, it would be so nice, so great.