REHIPS folder - copying vs moving files

Started by Stephen, November 19, 2019, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

I notice that the C:\REHIPS folder and its sub-folders can be used for opening MS Office or LibreOffice files that would otherwise not be possible to open if they are located elsewhere on the PC. However, moving files from other directories to C:\REHIPS does not allow opening them using the above programs. They actually have to be copied there from their source directory. Is this by design?

To tell the truth it's a bit inconvenient to have to copy each document or spreadsheet etc. every time to the REHIPS folder, edit it there and then copy it back to its original location and respond "Yes" to the usual question about deleting (replacing) the original document.

fixer

Take a look at this feature https://forum.rehips.com/index.php?topic=9484.0
You'll probably find it more usable, though slightly less secure.

Stephen

Thank you for redirecting me to the FAQ article. However, I couldn't locate the actual details that you refer to, because the ReHIPS Help file doesn't have a search function. Where is the Open File Access feature and where do I see the ADD_FILE allowed access right?

fixer

This blogpost discusses "Open File Access", you can find this drop-down list in isolated environment options under Windows User Name and Isolated Environment Name.

Stephen