symlink ReHIPS folder to Dropbox?

Started by shmu26, July 05, 2022, 11:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

I want to sync the files I am currently working on, in isolated apps, with my Dropbox account. I have the Dropbox desktop app installed.
The idea is for
C:\ReHIPS
to be symlinked to
C:\Users\ME\Dropbox

Unfortunately, Dropbox no longer supports standard symlinking. They require you to do it the other way around, i.e., the real folder needs to be in the Dropbox folder, and the symlink is where you want it to be.

I am talking about the free version of Dropbox (because the paid version lets you add custom folders).

If I make a symlink in C:\ReHIPS, isolated apps can't access it, because it points to real user space.

Any ideas?

My current workaround is to use Boxifier. The free edition allows you to sync one folder (without subfolders) to Dropbox. It works with ReHIPS, but the free edition is pretty limited.
If Boxifier can do it, it can be done, but how??

Windows 11
ReHIPS 2.6.0

EDIT: Aomei has an interesting sync function that basically does what I want, on a user-defined schedule. With the free version of Aomei it is a one-way sync.

fixer

The main problem I see here is that DropBox folder resides in user home profile folder. Is there any way to move it somewhere (anywhere) else?

ReHIPS server part supports ReHIPS folder change, but it's not implemented in GUI part yet, maybe in the next release.