Can't add a rule for a program

Started by Mr.X, October 26, 2022, 02:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.X

Now I got another issue I didn't notice before: ReHIPS is recreating rules I already delete to put mine instead.

I deleted these ones Allowed
C:\Users\MrX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\21.220.1024.0005\FileCoAuth.exe
C:\Users\MrX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
C:\Users\MrX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe

in favor of these to Block
C:\*\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\*\Microsoft.SharePoint.exe
C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe
C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\*\FileCoAuth.exe

The latter were working fine until ReHIPS re-created the Allowed rules above.
Didn't know ReHIPS was able to bypass my Block rules.

How can I stop such behavior?

fixer

Quote from: Mr.X on November 09, 2022, 12:17:16 AMWhat I don't quite understand is why the '?' at the end replacing the 'e' on .exe
ReHIPS uses full match on executable file name, ? means one character, * means any number of characters.

Quote from: Mr.X on November 09, 2022, 02:10:31 AMI tried several wildcard variations and it keeps running when I double click on it.
Can you give exact rule that should cover it and a line from Log tab regarding this app running freely?

Quote from: Mr.X on November 16, 2022, 07:41:11 AMHow can I stop such behavior?
Sometimes ReHIPS reinstalls rules, you can take a look here https://forum.rehips.com/index.php?topic=11885.0 That's why it's a good idea to set to Block instead of deleting rules. And specific non-wildcarded rules have more priority than wildcarded ones.

Mr.X

Quote from: fixer on November 16, 2022, 11:08:58 AMSometimes ReHIPS reinstalls rules, you can take a look here https://forum.rehips.com/index.php?topic=11885.0 That's why it's a good idea to set to Block instead of deleting rules. And specific non-wildcarded rules have more priority than wildcarded ones.
I think this is the cause of all my "issues" described in this thread. I hadn't understood how really ReHIPS behaves with respect to the bundles rules with ReHIPS. And I think I still need to observe carefully after software updates how ReHIPS deals with them and how to manage my Block rules. Also I need to play with wildcards to fully understand all of this.

Thanks fixer for your kind help.