Previous topic - Next topic

HJLBX

Please see attached image.

On the Programs > All tab, there should be a Group for Restricted Applications:

Nonisolated Programs
Isolated (or Restricted) Programs
             Cyberfox
                     Cyberfox.exe

Also, please use the same terminology throughout ReHIPS.

For best clarity to user, consistently apply and use the same terminology on tabs and program groups - as well as in the Help file.

For apps to be run inside the ReHIPS container, call them either Restricted or Isolated programs - but not both; the tab name and the program group names should be identical.

COMODO and SpyShelter (Datpol) ran into all kinds of problems due to user confusion by using inter-mixed terminology to mean the same thing: sandboxed application = restricted application = isolated application; unknown application = unrecognized application; trusted application = safe application.  Believe me when I tell you this created one huge mess...

fixer

There are 2 almost non-related concepts.
1. Bound and unbound applications.
2. An application can be allowed, blocked or allowed in isolated environment.
The only relation between these 2 concepts is that applications must be bound before they can be allowed in isolated environment.
Bound applications are bound to an isolated environment. Unbound applications can be bound to a new or to an already existing isolated environment. Once an application is bound it can't be unbound unless it's deleted.
And at the same time an application (even the bound one) can be allowed or blocked.
The program tree represents the first concept: one big group for unbound applications and several isolated environments for bound applications.
While filter (All, Allowed, etc.) represents the second concept.
Thats why an application that was allowed in isolation (and thus bound) doesn't move in the tree when you allow it (as it still remains bound).

And I agree that terminology needs some improvement to help users differentiate between two concepts, we'll work on it.