Gentlemen - You Have Created A Fine Product

Started by HJLBX, April 09, 2016, 12:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HJLBX

I have done a lot of beta testing.

ReHIPS ranks as one of the best beta experiences yet.

It is quite a nice change of pace to submit reports and suggestions directly to the actual development team - and have them actively interact with the beta testers.  Believe me when I tell you that this model is not typical for virtually all other security soft vendors.

I suggest that you find a few more capable and active beta testers.

Also, make specific testing requests where you deem necessary.  For example, "Please focus on RulePack installation process," "Please focus on Training Mode,"  "We need feedback on default rules," "Focus on Alerts," etc.

ReHIPS stability is rock-solid.  Despite my best efforts, I can find only very minor issues.

The ReHIPS GUI is one of my favorites; in its current iteration it is quite good.  Refine it further and it will be as good as a user can expect.

I use a methodology to evaluate security softs.

In the beginning I focus a lot on usability.

The earlier that usability issues are solved - the better - for both the developer and the user.

Later on I focus on compatibility with other softs.

I do not pen-test during beta testing.  Pen-testing is a distinctly separate type of testing and just muddies the water if actual, reliably reproducible vulnerabilities are reported during beta testing.

Besides, ReCrypt uses a protection model of which I have little previous experience.  During pen-testing I would have to ask some in-depth technical questions that really shouldn't be posted on a publicly viewable forum.

In my opinion, pen-testing related matters should be should be handled privately.  If any of you regularly visit the dark web, then you know exactly what I am talking about.

Very good gentlemen.

aDVll

Must agree. Product feels solid and for sure not beta. About the devs being active that is obviously something great that almost none does and rehips actually tries to reproduce the issues we have and not giving me a 1 page questions to reply so my report is accepted to be reviewed for being a confirmed bug(you know the company i highlighted). Well done guys and keep up the good work.

HJLBX

Quote from: aDVll on April 09, 2016, 11:07:05 AM
Must agree. Product feels solid and for sure not beta. About the devs being active that is obviously something great that almost none does and rehips actually tries to reproduce the issues we have and not giving me a 1 page questions to reply so my report is accepted to be reviewed for being a confirmed bug(you know the company i highlighted). Well done guys and keep up the good work.

COMODO

aDVll

One point for the gentleman in the bug suit.

fixer

Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate it. Some of us strive for security, others support usability. We sincerely hope we managed to find some balance to satisfy both security-seeking experts and ordinary PC users.
We really put our heart into the architecture. A lot of effort was made to implement stability features that may not be visible at first sight, like custom database transaction technique (which allows to keep database integrity even if our process crashes in the middle of writing into it) or recovery mechanism (agent and service on start try to find already existing isolated processes and desktops in case they previously crashed and left them working) and many others.

We think it's important to scrutinize every issue and we do our best to reproduce them before asking tons of questions to ease the burden of testing. And we believe that working close with our users, feeling them and carefully listening and implementing their suggestions is a key to success.
On behalf of our team I'd would like to express our deep gratitude to all testers and especially HJLBX. You've done a tremendous amount of work, that sometimes we don't even keep up to answer all the questions :) So thank you very much for helping us make this product better and more secure.

HJLBX

Quote from: fixer on April 09, 2016, 12:35:51 PM
Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate it. Some of us strive for security, others support usability. We sincerely hope we managed to find some balance to satisfy both security-seeking experts and ordinary PC users.
We really put our heart into the architecture. A lot of effort was made to implement stability features that may not be visible at first sight, like custom database transaction technique (which allows to keep database integrity even if our process crashes in the middle of writing into it) or recovery mechanism (agent and service on start try to find already existing isolated processes and desktops in case they previously crashed and left them working) and many others.

We think it's important to scrutinize every issue and we do our best to reproduce them before asking tons of questions to ease the burden of testing. And we believe that working close with our users, feeling them and carefully listening and implementing their suggestions is a key to success.
On behalf of our team I'd would like to express our deep gratitude to all testers and especially HJLBX. You've done a tremendous amount of work, that sometimes we don't even keep up to answer all the questions :) So thank you very much for helping us make this product better and more secure.

Retain database integrity   ;)

Recovery mechanism   ;D

File hashing (proprietary ?)   :)

I don't mind questions.  I know the beta testing process.  You need something specific, just ask.  I will do my best to provide it.

Umbra

Quote from: fixer on April 09, 2016, 12:35:51 PM

yes Hjlbx was too fast , now it is hard to find something he doesn't covered yet  ;D

HJLBX

You guys are gonna be rich.  Microsoft or similar will come along and buy ReCrypt...

schelkunov

Thanks a lot for the good words, dear friends!

HJLBX

Quote from: schelkunov on April 15, 2016, 02:03:20 PM
Thanks a lot for the good words, dear friends!

I only ask for first shot at the U.S. distributorship !

fixer

Quote from: HJLBX on April 15, 2016, 01:43:20 PM
You guys are gonna be rich.  Microsoft or similar will come along and buy ReCrypt...
Nah, we'll come and buy Microsoft :)

Quote from: HJLBX on April 15, 2016, 02:05:30 PM
We can always come to an agreement ;)

Umbra

Quote from: fixer on April 15, 2016, 02:11:52 PM
Quote from: HJLBX on April 15, 2016, 01:43:20 PM
Nah, we'll come and buy Microsoft :)

Quote from: HJLBX on April 15, 2016, 02:05:30 PM
We can always come to an agreement ;)

or employ us in the company, im not against working remotely :p

btw, im not far from Russia ^^

schelkunov

Why remotely? You're always welcome to visit us and to drink vodka with our domestic bear and play some balalaika :)

Umbra

Quote from: schelkunov on April 15, 2016, 04:25:12 PM
Why remotely? You're always welcome to visit us and to drink vodka with our domestic bear and play some balalaika :)

traveling is costly for me, and i like the place i live, coastal city with nice beaches  ^^

schelkunov

I would like to say that it's hard to overestimate your contribution to the ReHIPS project, dear friends. And, of course, we are always open for any ideas and suggestions. With your help we'll make this product better, the best :)
Great thanks for the good testing, dear friends!