Ask Questions Here - ReHIPS Features & Unexpected Behaviors

Started by HJLBX, April 11, 2016, 01:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarnak

More disappointed, than annoyed....But, it is the developers choice!

aDVll

Quote from: Tarnak on March 01, 2017, 08:01:08 PM
There is nothing they can do and also keep the competely offline part of the program which many will appreciate for the privacy it gives to it's users. It's a tradeoff to make money and developers have to eat.

Umbra

Quote from: Tarnak on March 01, 2017, 07:54:35 PM
But, I am a beta tester.  Trying to test. This is silly, that restriction should be lifted, at least while testing.

Just use IE or FF , the restriction is lifted only for closed-beta testers and we were selected based on our active participation since the older versions.
The devs want to avoid the passer-by or freeloaders. The demo allows you unlimited duration for testing , the only restriction is the number of processes; and by using a single process browser is enough to test it.

XhenEd

Prove your worth. Post more often in this forum. Discovering bugs and posting some suggestions are always welcome. :) Follow my footsteps. :D

Tarnak

I don't use FF, not even installed on my Surface Book. So, no go, there. ;) I like Opera. But, I have Vivaldi installed, too. But, that will habe the same problem as Opera.  I am a serious tester, and not fly-by-night.

Umbra

Quote from: Tarnak on March 01, 2017, 07:59:47 PM
I an sure @fixer will see these posts. ;) I have been a long time tester of various security products. Just check at Wilders' forums.

But not for ReHIPS despite the thread on Wilders exist since months   ;D

Tarnak

Quote from: XhenEd on March 01, 2017, 08:05:50 PM
Prove your worth. Post more often in this forum. Discovering bugs and posting some suggestions are always welcome. :) Follow my footsteps. :D

I tried with the version, when I first signed up here in October.  I ran into problems, and had conferred with Fixer by PM.  I was waiting for a newer version, which has eventuated months later. I can't help it if the developer, is frugal in the timing of releases.

Umbra

Quote from: XhenEd on March 01, 2017, 08:05:50 PM
Indeed Xhened was a demo user while i (and 2-3 others) were users since v1, we gave lot of feedbacks so we get the gift.

I don't use FF, not even installed on my Surface Book. So, no go, there. ;) I like Opera. But, I have Vivaldi installed, too. But, that will habe the same problem as Opera.  I am a serious tester, and not fly-by-night.

We don't say the opposite, it is a dev choice, so just prove them your real interest, with time you may be a closed beta tester too. :)
Just

Tarnak

I am trying, but I can't even get my screenshots posted which I am sure have something to do with Rehips being reinstalled on my system.  This limitation is a hindrance.

Tarnak

Anyway, it 3:20 am, and I am signing out....need some sleep!

Umbra

Quote from: Tarnak on March 01, 2017, 08:19:15 PM
I am trying, but I can't even get my screenshots posted which I am sure have something to do with Rehips being reinstalled on my system.  This limitation is a hindrance.

so just select "disabled" on the tray icon, launch Opera and re-enable the protection. you will use Opera non-isolated.

or in the program section, remove opera's rule, (it maybe a bit complicated for you to find out how  at beginning).

fixer

Quote from: Ozone on March 01, 2017, 06:16:47 PM
how does ReHIPS handle tray icons,

when I isolate MS word and than print document, printer will print it but there will be no print tray icon (I think it's generated by explorer process), so I can't check if there are some pending documents to print or cancel current print job

do I need to create rule to allow it appear?
I don't think it's about rules, but I haven't looked into this. Added to our TODO list to sort it out.

Tarnak
I understand your upset, it can be annoying, this message constantly popping up, I agree. Every time new isolated process above limit is started, it's killed and this message is shown. But if user never sees any limitations, why would he buy it? And I believe every build including beta ones should be as close to release version as possible including licensing, so potential users could evaluate it and have a better idea of what the release will be like. To some people this limitation is critical, to others it's not. But why not, we're always ready to take the first step towards our users, send me your HWID in PM and we'll think of something.

Tarnak

I think I made progress in trying to get an image posted: See my post at Wilders' forums a short time ago - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/rehips.364248/page-23#post-2656650

Tarnak

Quote from: fixer on March 01, 2017, 10:58:12 PM

Tarnak
I understand your upset, it can be annoying, this message constantly popping up, I agree. Every time new isolated process above limit is started, it's killed and this message is shown. But if user never sees any limitations, why would he buy it? And I believe every build including beta ones should be as close to release version as possible including licensing, so potential users could evaluate it and have a better idea of what the release will be like. To some people this limitation is critical, to others it's not. But why not, we're always ready to take the first step towards our users, send me your HWID in PM and we'll think of something.

PM sent a short time ago. :)

Tarnak

So, you can see I have installed this program, again, in the early hours of the morning, this time around. Not the best time to do so, I think . ;)

I am confused as to why I have 3 users for ReHips.  When I last tested ReHips in October/November, last year, I had two ReHips user folders. Just can't understand the rationale.