Suggestion - Identify virtual desktops

Started by Umbra, April 12, 2016, 08:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbra

just an aesthetic thing,

at top left of the virtual desktop , just put the name  the virtual desktop. like "Virtual Desktop 1 (RehipsUser1)"

HJLBX

Quote from: umbrapolaris on April 12, 2016, 08:10:09 AM
just an aesthetic thing,

at top left of the virtual desktop , just put the name  the virtual desktop. like "Virtual Desktop 1 (RehipsUser1)"

I was wondering about this... say, if I use two or more different ReHIPSUser profiles at once.

I agree.

fixer

What information would you like to be displayed? The same that is shown in desktop thumbnails tooltips <Isolated environment name> (<Path to the main isolated program>)? Won't it be superfluous as number of desktops and current desktop are schematically shown on desktops widget and the information is shown in tooltips?

HJLBX

Quote from: fixer on April 12, 2016, 01:32:03 PM
What information would you like to be displayed? The same that is shown in desktop thumbnails tooltips <Isolated environment name> (<Path to the main isolated program>)? Won't it be superfluous as number of desktops and current desktop are schematically shown on desktops widget and the information is shown in tooltips?

Personally, I am not in favor of the type of identifier displayed in the Shadow Mode image.  Often times, that location will cover and block access to application controls on my systems.

I favor another solution, but what I am not sure what since the ReHIPS widget is already located in the lower left hand corner of the isolated environment.

I already have the widget covering the Adguard widget - which, for me, is not a problem as I use the Adguard widget rarely.

As far as displayed information, if it could display the current ReHIPSUser would be beneficial.

That's about it for me; I can't see any other infos being needed by user.

HJLBX

Some users will want to know which ReHIPSUser profile an isolated program is bound to - so when they look for something they can go straight to that profile.

I have to always jump to the real user desktop and check it in All tab, select isolated environment and then open "Edit Isolated Environment" window.

I have bound applications; some are forced to launch in the isolated environment while others are manually launch in isolated environment.

I don't know, it is different for me since I don't have C:\ReCrypt.  If I had it on my system, then I would look there first - since I would work out of that folder while is isolated environments.

Plus, the current ReHIPS filehelper doesn't work so good for me.

Umbra

just a visible or transparent small line as i said in the OP on top left of the virtual desktop.

fixer

Added to our TODO list
"<isolated environment> (ReHIPSUserX)" text left top corner of the isolated desktop