How to get beta v2.2?

Started by Reset, May 15, 2016, 10:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on June 30, 2016, 09:58:20 PM
fixer, please explain to us rookies how to upgrade to the full program from the demo version that you send us. The upgrade did not work right for me.
What Fixer sends is the install of rehips. Rehips has a demo version(unlicensed) which allows 10 isolated programs to be running at 1 time. To get the full version you need a licence key. To get a licence key you either buy one or you are one of the few beta testers. What you did was buy the previous version(version 1) because version 2 is not out yet. Not even pricing is announced. I assume rehips will either refund you or change your licence to be of version 2 if both products price is the same. Wait until fixer notices your topic and he will sort it one way or the other. Don't worry.

A good idea is to remove the ability to buy the product or at least write in bold that licence is for a previous version and it's not interchangeable with the new version.

shmu26

yes, I am sure it will be sorted out.
IMO, the demo version should not constantly nag you to buy, if it is not for sale...

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on June 30, 2016, 10:15:50 PM
IMO, the demo version should not constantly nag you to buy, if it is not for sale...
If it didn't 99% would have used this version and none would buy. It makes 0 sense to provide a full version especially when the product works only offline. You just shouldn't be able to buy from nag screen a different version from the one using.

shmu26

You just shouldn't be able to buy from nag screen a different version from the one using.
[/quote]
right.

Umbra

Quote from: aDVll on June 30, 2016, 10:09:49 PM
A good idea is to remove the ability to buy the product or at least write in bold that licence is for a previous version and it's not interchangeable with the new version.

Quote from: shmu26 on June 30, 2016, 10:15:50 PM

People HAD to request the beta, it is not full public beta, so they should know that a beta is never for sale, you don't release/sell a unfinished product to the public !
so if you have a bit of common sense and logic, you won't try to buy something not ready yet especially when there is no "buy page" on the website.

Don't blame Recrypt for your misunderstanding.

l0rdraiden

@fixer

I would like to test the beta if still is possible

Thanks

fixer

Links sent.
This beta version is the same as full release version in terms of licensing. So it also works in demo mode without license key and can be registered with one. How so? Because this version is quite close to release version in terms of features. Besides it also lets us test licensing system (this proved to be a good decision since a couple of bugs were found in it thanks to our beta-testers).
License keys from older versions don't work here, because license key format was changed to support additional fields like licensee name, expiration date, etc. Maybe it'll even change again before release, who knows. Though it's still a non-public beta, sorry for the inconvenience.

kyrox02

i would like to test beta i want to see how he handle the hooks :)

fixer

askmark

@fixer

Is it still possible to test beta?

Thanks

fixer

Lzx32

in need of link if it's not too late, txs  ;D

fixer

jacemace

I would like to test the speed of internet browsing, windows operating system integration and system protection, and the compatibility of ReHips with other security software.

Andreisk

I would like to test the Beta please.