Need quick help for installation

Started by Mr.X, June 04, 2016, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.X

Hi everyone,

I need quick help and advice on how to configure ReHIPS for Shadow Defender and NVT ERP. They were installed before ReHIPS.

aDVll

For Shadow defender just allow the processes from rehips gui or when you get the alert. I assume you disabled shadow defender before installing rehips so it doesn't remove it on restart.
For NVT you really don't need it. Has no use, it's really inferior to rehips and you will get some of the alerts twice. I suggest you remove it but if you really want to keep it you need to allow in rehips and also NVT.

Mr.X

Quote from: aDVll on June 04, 2016, 06:02:27 PM
For Shadow defender just allow the processes from rehips gui or when you get the alert.
Well I don't know how so I need to read the manual and slightly understand it, this would take many days though.

I assume you disabled shadow defender before installing rehips so it doesn't remove it on restart.
Yes I wasn't in Shadow Mode when I installed ReHIPS.

For NVT you really don't need it. Has no use, it's really inferior to rehips and you will get some of the alerts twice. I suggest you remove it but if you really want to keep it you need to allow in rehips and also NVT.
I'll remove ERP after I understand ReHIPS in a decent level.

Thanks @aDVll

aDVll

It's pretty easy actually. I assume you didn't get any alerts to allow Shadow Defender because it starts before rehips so if you can't stop them and launch again so you get the alerts no worries, you can do it manually.
Open gui - Settings - Programs - Click on System - Click on the plus icon on top right - Browse to SD and allow all needed exe one by one with option like this -
Execute programs: Inspect or allow depending on how much you trust it
Can be executed:allow
Can execute sub programs: Inapplicable

Btw if i remember correctly SD is signed so if you launch SD gui you will get an alert and just click add to trusted vendor. That should solve all problems easier.

Mr.X