ReHIPS unregistering randomly

Started by Mr.X, June 06, 2016, 08:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.X

It happens randomly. Shadow Defender have been uninstalled. Testing a registered version  :(

aDVll

Unregistered version has a limit of 10 programs running isolated(paid version is obviously unlimited). You just went to the limit so you got the msg. For example chrome with a few extensions get over the limit because it's 1 process per tab/extension.
EDIT: My bad you said registered version.

fixer

Do you have any other security software? One of beta-testers had a similar problem with Rollback RX. But after a couple of test builds we couldn't reproduce it anymore, so had to give up without finding the reason. Maybe any pattern to reproduce? Or just randomly?

Mr.X

Just NVT Exe Radar Pro (pure anti-exe). I uninstalled any other security program.
It happens randomly when I want to run a program and just another one is already running.

Mr.X

Forgot to mention WFC (Windows Firewall Control) but I think this has nothing to do. ERP either.

Mr.X

Quote from: aDVll on June 06, 2016, 08:32:52 PM
Unregistered version has a limit of 10 programs running isolated(paid version is obviously unlimited). You just went to the limit so you got the msg. For example chrome with a few extensions get over the limit because it's 1 process per tab/extension.
EDIT: My bad you said registered version.
No it was mine. I had to edit an clear that up. Thanks.

Umbra

the issue was mentioned already by hjlbx; one of the dev (forgot who) explained, it is because SD change the Hardware ID  (or something like that ) while in Shadow Mode.

Mr.X

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 07, 2016, 05:10:20 AM
the issue was mentioned already by hjlbx; one of the dev (forgot who) explained, it is because SD change the Hardware ID  (or something like that ) while in Shadow Mode.
Yes I already know that umbra, problem is that this issue showed up even without SD in the machine.

CyberGhosT

Is there a chance X that you did at one point and there are drivers left on the system from SD ?
Causing it to throw the error.

Umbra

oh ok sorry i didn't read the line properly :p , so you have the same issue i had; but with the latest beta build i cant reproduce it anymore.

Mr.X

@fixer
Registration bug, fixed. Well done!!! Thanks a lot for this new test build.

fixer

You are welcome. Thank you for your help finding this bug :)

Mr.X

Umbra

sorry to disappoint, but i managed to make it unregistering again :p

in my case Word is the trigger

1- open Word in an IE , close it right away
2- ReHIPS may get unregistered , if not do step1 several times in rapid succession
3- once unregistered, close the GUI, wait for 30sec-1mn, then it registers again.

log attached

fixer

If I remember correctly, it stopped reproducing for you without any solid reason :) And after this a couple of fixes were made that could rectify this issue. But this build hasn't made it from our internal testing yet. So let's assume this issue is fixed and test it on upcoming build.