run two instances of chrome -- one in sandbox, and one w/o sandbox?

Started by shmu26, June 09, 2016, 01:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

can this be done, and if so, how?
The reason for wanting to do this:
I have trouble properly signing into chrome when it is sandboxed.
But I don't mind running it w/o sandbox for safe sites, and reserving sandbox for riskier sites.
is this feasible?

aDVll

You need to re-sign in from chrome settings. Reason you have to do that is because cookies are encrypted with the user account so when the browser is launched from a rehips user they can't be decrypted and used. If you explain exactly what the problem with signing in is i might be able to help you.

shmu26

fixer explained to me in a PM that it is actually a pretty difficult problem.
anyways I am on demo version right now, so after a couple minutes of chrome use, I go over my limit of 10 virt apps a session...
So I am experimenting with chrome unsandboxed for apps that I like to run in chrome (such as gmail) and use firefox for regular browsing. I am a chrome addict, so it takes me a while to get into firefox.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on June 09, 2016, 07:12:10 PM
fixer explained to me in a PM that it is actually a pretty difficult problem.
anyways I am on demo version right now, so after a couple minutes of chrome use, I go over my limit of 10 virt apps a session...
So I am experimenting with chrome unsandboxed for apps that I like to run in chrome (such as gmail) and use firefox for regular browsing. I am a chrome addict, so it takes me a while to get into firefox.
He is the one that explained it to me also.  ;)

fixer

Right now ReHIPS either allows program or executes it in isolation. So to Allow a program with isolation rule you need to temporarily disable ReHIPS. But we've got some plans in our TODO list to add one more option to ask, should the program be allowed or executed in isolation.