Chrome profile not loading

Started by Mr.X, June 16, 2016, 06:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.X

My "Default" Chrome profile is not loading and this is a show-stopper for me.

aDVll

What exactly do you mean with your default profile is not loading? You mean you have multiple chrome users and one is not present in Chrome when you run it isolated?
Did you try closing chrome, going to rehips settings, finding chrome, selecting copy user data, launching chrome and clicking on the user button to see if it's there now?

Mr.X

If you take a look at C:\Users\UserX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\ you will find a Default folder when Chrome first runs.
Non-isolated Default profile is loaded and Chrome auto signs in as I set it that way.
ReHIPS isolated profile is not loaded as Chrome won't sign in, so bookmarks won't load.

Umbra

Quote from: Mr.X on June 16, 2016, 06:49:00 PM
If you take a look at C:\Users\UserX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\ you will find a Default folder when Chrome first runs.
Non-isolated Default profile is loaded and Chrome auto signs in as I set it that way.
ReHIPS isolated profile is not loaded as Chrome won't sign in, so bookmarks won't load.

After installation of ReHIPS is completed, i can launch Chrome isolated (with red border), it ask me to sign-in so i did.

aDVll

Umbra is correct cookies and chrome login need to be for the rehips user so you need to relogin.
From fixer
QuoteChrome stores cookies in a sql database in a file. Starting from 33 version they began encrypting cookie value. I guess to mitigate cookie file stealing threat. Encryption is done via CryptProtectData/CryptUnprotectData. This function binds encryption to the user, so no other user can decrypt it (in low-level details each user has its own encryption key). Being isolated Chrome is started from ReHIPS User, thus decryption fails. Encryption key derivation is not that simple, file system or registry copying won't solve it. This was designed to counter the scenario where other users decrypt this data.

Mr.X

Alright. I managed to make Chrome sign in again by re-signing as ReHIPS user.

Umbra

good ;) then ReHIPS will keep Chrome signed-in

With Have to think with ReHIPS that every IE is like a brand new user , (like in Windows with secondary accounts)

Mr.X

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 17, 2016, 06:21:48 AM
good ;) then ReHIPS will keep Chrome signed-in

With Have to think with ReHIPS that every IE is like a brand new user , (like in Windows with secondary accounts)
Yeah, I realized that yesterday and injected into my long term memory to not forget that. You know some concepts take some time (depending on everyone's brains L0L) to get used to.

Umbra

Quote from: Mr.X on June 17, 2016, 04:40:25 PM
Yeah, I realized that yesterday and injected into my long term memory to not forget that.

once you get used, using ReHIPS become crystal clear.

QuoteYou know some concepts take some time (depending on everyone's brains L0L) to get used to.

Yeah , we all know the feeling ^^