Unable to use Sandboxie now that I started ReHIPS

Started by Mr Cryptor, June 14, 2016, 02:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Cryptor

I selected Run ReHIPS isolation for the Firefox browser and when I tried to run
a Sandboxie Firefox browser simultaneously it wouldn't start. I closed Rehips and tried to
start Firefox with Sandboxie but it wouldn't work. Sandboxie worked fine till I installed Rehips. This was my first deployment
of ReHIPS.

I think ReHIPS has blocked Sandboxie from use? I would still like to use both Sandboxie and ReHIPS.
How can I get both to work without conflict?
Anyone experiencing same?

Windows 8.1
Latest Beta Vers 2.2 ReHIPS

Umbra

ReHIPS is also a sandbox software like Sandboxie.
Program especially browsers can't be run isolated in both, it is logical, you don't run a sandboxed program in another sandbox.
If you wan't run FF with Sandboxie (instead of ReHIPS) , you have 2 choices:

1- disable temporarily ReHIPS while launching FF with Sandboxie
2- delete the FF rules in ReHIPS' program tab .

alternative choice: you may want run FF isolated by ReHIPS instead of Sandboxie , so you just have to select "disable forced program" (if paid version) in sandboxie tray icon.

Personally i run my browser (Chrome) isolated with ReHIPS and use sandboxie for other purposes.

Mr Cryptor

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 14, 2016, 06:11:56 AM
Program especially browsers can't be run isolated in both, it is logical,
I meant to say, I closed and exited from the ReHIPS sandboxed firefox and
when I tried to start Firefox Sandboxie (SBIE) I couldn't. SBIE and ReHIPS were not running at same time.

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 14, 2016, 06:11:56 AM1- disable temporarily ReHIPS while launching FF with Sandboxie
How do I do this?

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 14, 2016, 06:11:56 AM2- delete the FF rules in ReHIPS' program tab .
And how do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

aDVll

You want to run Firefox with rehips isolation or with sandboxie?

Umbra

Quote from: Mr Cryptor on June 15, 2016, 01:02:27 PM
Program especially browsers can't be run isolated in both, it is logical,
I meant to say, I closed and exited from the ReHIPS sandboxed firefox and
when I tried to start Firefox Sandboxie (SBIE) I couldn't. SBIE and ReHIPS were not running at same time.

ReHIPS take over Sandboxie ; so when you launch FF , ReHIPS isolate it but at same time Sandboxie try it too (if FF is forced in the paid version). so of course conflict occurs.

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 14, 2016, 06:11:56 AM1- disable temporarily ReHIPS while launching FF with Sandboxie
How do I do this?

right click tray icon > disable

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 14, 2016, 06:11:56 AM2- delete the FF rules in ReHIPS' program tab .
And how do I do this?

open gui > Settings > programs > select the user > find FF rule > delete.  (i dont advise to do that)

aDVll

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 15, 2016, 03:45:10 PM
Quote from: Mr Cryptor on June 15, 2016, 01:02:27 PM

And how do I do this?

open gui > Settings > programs > select the user > find FF rule > delete.  (i dont advise to do that)
Better change the rules from allow in isolated environment to just allow instead of deleting the rule. Because if you delete it the rule will get reinstalled when a change in installed programs happen.

Mr Cryptor

Quote from: aDVll on June 15, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
You want to run Firefox with rehips isolation or with sandboxie?
Firefox with Sandboxie only.

aDVll

open gui > Settings > programs > select the user
Change the rules from allow in isolated environment to just allow instead of deleting the rule. Because if you delete it the rule will get reinstalled when a change in installed programs happen.
http://i.imgur.com/vrA5NTV.gifv

Mr Cryptor

Quote from: aDVll on June 15, 2016, 05:16:03 PM
open gui > Settings > programs > select the user
Within the ReHIPS Control Panel I see under  Settings > Programs:
All   Allowed   Isolated   Blocked
Which tab should I click from the 4 above tabs to find select the user?

aDVll

Check the video in the link i gave you above. Only difference will be the username.
Anw click isolated if you only want to see isolated.

Mr Cryptor

Program especially browsers can't be run isolated in both...
Personally i run my browser (Chrome) isolated with ReHIPS and use sandboxie for other purposes.
I don't want ReHIPS to run Firefox. I will use it for something else. I want to get rid of it from FF asap.

aDVll

Do exactly what is shown in the video so FF runs normally and rehips doesn't run it isolated. That's why i changed from isolated to allow.

Umbra

@Mr Cryptor you should read the help file attentively to understand ReHIPS then you will understand what we talk about.

Mr Cryptor

Quote from: aDVll on June 15, 2016, 05:47:19 PM
Do exactly what is shown in the video so FF runs normally and rehips doesn't run it isolated. That's why i changed from isolated to allow.
I changed both to Allow and SBIE is working. Thank you for video and help.

Mr Cryptor

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 15, 2016, 05:58:33 PM
@Mr Cryptor you should read the help file attentively to understand ReHIPS then you will understand what we talk about.
Where can I find the help file?