Unable to use Sandboxie now that I started ReHIPS

Started by Mr Cryptor, June 14, 2016, 02:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aDVll

Quote from: Mr Cryptor on June 15, 2016, 06:27:55 PM
Quote from: aDVll on June 15, 2016, 05:47:19 PM
Do exactly what is shown in the video so FF runs normally and rehips doesn't run it isolated. That's why i changed from isolated to allow.
I changed both to Allow and SBIE is working. Thank you for video and help.
You are welcome. Help file will open if you click the ? icon on the top right of rehips gui. It's next to minimize

Mr Cryptor

How do I transfer the Firfefox new bookmarks I made under ReHIPS today to
the SBIE Firefox browser? Their bookmarks don't match, SBIE is missing the latest bookmarks
I made today cause of the block.

aDVll

Quote from: Mr Cryptor on June 15, 2016, 06:52:24 PM
How do I transfer the Firfefox new bookmarks I made under ReHIPS today to
the SBIE Firefox browser? Their bookmarks don't match, SBIE is missing the latest bookmarks
I made today cause of the block.
Run Firefox again isolated by changing the setting of rehips like they were before. Export bookmarks. Close firefox and change the settings again so FF doesn't run isolated. Run FF ad import the bookmarks.

shmu26

and how does HIPS respond to a program running in sandboxie virtualized enviroment?
Does it prompt when  unknown processes want to run?

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on November 13, 2016, 08:29:38 AM
and how does HIPS respond to a program running in sandboxie virtualized enviroment?
Does it prompt when  unknown processes want to run?

Depends how you set sandboxie processes in rehips. If you don't select to allow children and set it to inspect it will notify you for everything not in the database.

shmu26

thanks.
as far as I can tell, that's the default rules that ReHIPS assigns to installed programs that you allow or you run in training mode
correct?

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on November 13, 2016, 01:40:33 PM
thanks.
as far as I can tell, that's the default rules that ReHIPS assigns to installed programs that you allow or you run in training mode
correct?
default is alert i believe. I don't ever use training mode so i don't really know.

shmu26

I installed SBIE and then I rebooted in learning mode
now I checked to see what rules I ended up with
ReHIPS set some of the processes to alert, and others to inspect children.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on November 13, 2016, 02:11:07 PM
I installed SBIE and then I rebooted in learning mode
now I checked to see what rules I ended up with
ReHIPS set some of the processes to alert, and others to inspect children.
Maybe those that have inspect children are from default rehips rules and those with alerts are from learning. Check what processes have what and tell me if you want to check if they have default rules.

shmu26

ReHIPS did the right thing. I guess it has supernatural wisdom.
SBIE works fine, and if I run a new program in sandbox, I get a HIPS prompt right away.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on November 13, 2016, 02:21:29 PM
ReHIPS did the right thing. I guess it has supernatural wisdom.
SBIE works fine, and if I run a new program in sandbox, I get a HIPS prompt right away.
Or smart devs. One or the other :P