Got one for ya Fixer: ReHIPS & EmsiSoft

Started by CyberGhosT, July 02, 2016, 09:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberGhosT

On my other machine I have Emsisoft IS installed, I figured what the hell, and installed ReHIPS, I re-booted
and all started just fine except EIS, no crash, no warnings it just refused to start even when accessing it from within
the main folder. I went a step further and installed EIS first on my main machine, then ReHIPS in learning for 24hrs
Still same result, then went to EAM (Emsisoft Anti-Malware) same results as with the Internet Security product.
Should be easy for you to reproduce as it is quite constant.

aDVll

fixer

CyberGhosT

Ok, thanks fixer for the reply.
I read the thread that aDVll linked to in his reply.
I experienced this on July 1st so it's still an issue
for ReHIPS_2.2.0_RC2 and EmsiSoft v11.9.0.6513
Your saying a fix exists but will not be implemented
until a new version of ReHIPS is released ?
just making sure I understood.
PeAcE

aDVll

Yes, rehips changes need a program update. Rehips is an offline solution so because the bug was reported after RC2 release the fix will be available when the next version is out.

fixer

Build are released in the following manner: issues and reports are collected, fixes are made, internal testing is held and then build is released for public testing. ReHIPS is a completely offline solution, so to have some issue fixed a new build has to be downloaded and installed. So this issue was fixed, internal testing for this issue passed OK, but build itself hasn't been released yet as I want to fix some other issues, and internally test it more.

CyberGhosT

Thank you both for replying so quickly.
I understand and appreciate your efforts.
Keep up the awesome work, ReHIPS although
not released yet is one of my favorite security
solutions for its ease of use and effectiveness.
I know this will only get better with time.
PeAcE