Where is Delete Contents feature?

Started by Mr Cryptor, June 14, 2016, 02:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

okay, so I see a tree like in the screen shot .
Let's say I want to delete my chrome isolated environment.
I could just select chrome and then click on delete, but then I will have to reinstall rules, if I want chrome to run isolated.
Is there a better way to do it?

aDVll

No, there is no better way to do it for now. Plans are for an auto delete option but it's not implemented yet.

shmu26

another thing that could be implemented is an option to install specific rules.
Let's say I delete the rule for chrome. Instead of disappearing, it would be greyed out.
I would right-click it and then reinstall just that rule.
This could be really useful, because:
1 reinstalling rules can take a long time
2 it often reinstalls more than you wanted, so you have to go back and start deleting again.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on July 04, 2016, 07:59:07 AM
another thing that could be implemented is an option to install specific rules.
Let's say I delete the rule for chrome. Instead of disappearing, it would be greyed out.
I would right-click it and then reinstall just that rule.
This could be really useful, because:
1 reinstalling rules can take a long time
2 it often reinstalls more than you wanted, so you have to go back and start deleting again.
This is also in the todo list.  ;)
About 1 Fixer is trying to identify why it's happening to fix.
About 2 for now the rules you don't want to come back don't just delete them. Change isolated to allow. When a rule is present in the list it doesn't reinstall it.

shmu26

the rules you don't want to come back don't just delete them. Change isolated to allow. When a rule is present in the list it doesn't reinstall it.
[/quote]
Right. But it will still repopulate the trusted vendors list.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on July 04, 2016, 10:03:39 AM

the rules you don't want to come back don't just delete them. Change isolated to allow. When a rule is present in the list it doesn't reinstall it.
Right. But it will still repopulate the trusted vendors list.
[/quote]
Trusted vendors is another case. That will require a fix because there is no easy way around it.

fixer

Quote from: shmu26 on July 04, 2016, 07:59:07 AM
reinstalling rules can take a long time
We already have this issue in our TODO list, still under investigation.
You're right, Install Rules installs rules+trusted command lines and vendors. Trusted command lines and vendors are also installed with Reset to Defaults button in respective Settings tab. But we've got in our TODO list changes to move Install Rules button to Settings Programs tab and to make it install rules only.