[Workaround] How to Import/Export Rules

Started by Umbra, June 16, 2016, 04:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbra

so there is the temporary workaround to do it: (for the setting it should be similar but with "Setting.xml")

Export

1- go on admin account
2- copy Rehips.xml

Import

1- go on admin account
2- Go to ReHIPS folder, paste the xml files (which, may generate an UAC prompt).

Import (during installation of ReHIPS)

1- install ReHIPS (deny initial rules installation, you should have them already in the xml file),
2- don't launch ReHIPS.
3- Go to ReHIPS folder, paste the xml files (which, may generate an UAC prompt).
4- Launch ReHIPS, then check the rules, they should be present.
8- reboot. (not necessary but it is always good to reboot)

for Chrome users, you may have an issue (i can't tell for other browsers)

1- try to launch Chrome isolated (by clicking its icon) you may get this error:

2- At that point, you have to go to the GUI > Setting > Programs > then delete the Browser rules under your current username (in my case Chrome in Umbra) as below.

note:  this step must be done in the Windows User Account corresponding to the deleted rule location.

the Tray icon will become red, the GUI will freeze for few seconds then both tray icon and GUI will go back to normal.

3- Now you have to click on the Install Rules button , then REHIPS  will recreate clean rules .
4- reboot.
5- The error should be fixed; and you should be able to run the browser isolated normally.

fixer

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 16, 2016, 04:14:58 PM
for Chrome users, you may have an issue (i can't tell for other browsers)
I think you'll get this for every isolated environment. As database contains ReHIPS users with names and passwords. But these users don't really exist in Windows. So they have to be created for example like you explained.

Quote from: umbrapolaris on June 16, 2016, 04:14:58 PM
the Tray icon will become red, the GUI will freeze for few seconds then both tray icon and GUI will go back to normal.
This was a bug, but should already be fixed.