ReHIPS - Trusted Command Line editable?

Started by Noverco, June 18, 2016, 04:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noverco

Hello All,

Could anyone assist me?

ReHIPS - Expert Mode

In ReHIPS GUI - Settings > Trusted Command Lines, I am unable to edit the command line rundll32.exe "c:\program files (x86)Norton Security\Norton security\nortondata\22.6.0.142\definitions\virusdefs\20160614.021\ccearaser.dll", RunServer pS-1-5-21-1467911702-3172103337-1547217320-1000.

I wish to prevent repeated alerts from ReHIPS regarding NS command lines.

Thank you.

aDVll

You mean you can't edit or you don't know what to edit so you don't get the msg again and again?
If it's the second copy a few command lines so we see. Probably this will work though but i am just guessing so if you want to be more specific we need samples of the command lines.
rundll32.exe "c:\program files (x86)Norton Security\Norton security\nortondata\22.6.0.142\definitions\virusdefs\20160614.021\ccearaser.dll", RunServer*

Umbra

Quote from: aDVll on June 18, 2016, 05:10:58 PM
rundll32.exe "c:\program files (x86)Norton Security\Norton security\nortondata\22.6.0.142\definitions\virusdefs\20160614.021\ccearaser.dll", RunServer*

Should be good, since you replaced the variable by the wildcard *

Noverco

Thank you aDVll

Sorry, I meant I can not edit the command line

Noverco

Thank you both aDVll and umbrapolaris for your assistance regarding the editing the command line.  I think my 5 year test laptop may be playing up - I can now edit the command line in question by double click on it:>

Just a thought maybe when you double click on a command line to edit maybe it could open in a separate window to edit?

aDVll

Quote from: Noverco on June 18, 2016, 05:21:14 PM
Thank you both aDVll and umbrapolaris for your assistance regarding the editing the command line.  I think my 5 year test laptop may be playing up - I can now edit the command line in question by double click on it:>

Just a thought maybe when you double click on a command line to edit maybe it could open in a separate window to edit?
Nice. Glad it works now.

Noverco

Yes thank you for the command line aDVll, no more alerts. 

Edit :- I had to manually delete the related command lines for NS, which are no longer necessary as I replaced with wildcard, does ReHIPs have the ability to auto clean up command lines which are replaced with wildcard? 

aDVll

Quote from: Noverco on June 18, 2016, 05:34:10 PM
Yes thank you for the command line aDVll, no more alerts. 

Edit :- I had to manually delete the related command lines for NS, which are no longer necessary as I replaced with wildcard, does ReHIPs have the ability to auto clean up command lines which are replaced with wildcard?
No it doesn't but this is a great suggestion. It should check which commands become irrelevant when you make a command line with * and ask you if you want to delete them.
Can you suggest it here mate so devs can notice 100%?
https://forum.re-crypt.com/index.php?topic=2105.15

crasher

Good idea. We'll add command line duplacation removing.

Noverco

Thank you fixer looking forward to command line duplication removal implementation!!

aDVll

Quote from: crasher on June 18, 2016, 08:46:51 PM
Good idea. We'll add command line duplacation removing.
Thanks crasher and again good idea Noverco.

Noverco

Another doh moment!! - Note to myself must read the posts correctly and address correct name of the person who made the post!!!

Thank you crasher (sorry!!) regarding going to add command line duplication removal - just little exicted - Thanks aDVll