Main Menu

error message

Started by vmron, June 25, 2016, 09:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmron

I am a average computer user who wanted to try your program. I am currently running Windows 10 home x64. Tried to install on1 photo 10 on computer using deployhelper as administrator Deploy helper failed to start error message .
Restarted Windows 10 and tried to use deployhelper again, keep getting same error message. Currently running rehips version 2.20_rc2 in learning mode.
When in learning mode are all programs allowed to run?  I tried running on1 Photo 10.exe for the first time and it was blocked, apparently it launches mountvol.exe which then launches conhost.exe to open the photo editing program. I got it to work by playing around with settings, but I have to keep reactivating my license. I am sending a file attachment of rehip log.

aDVll

Deployhelper is for when you want to install the program in the isolated environment only. What i suggest you try is installing the program normally and then launching it and setting it as isolated if that is what you wish to do. In learning mode it will made rules on it's own when you run a program to allow. I assume that's is what you did after the issue with Deployhelper because i can see the program running not isolated.
Now why Deployhelper failed i will test it.
Anw I am downloading the program now and will try and see if it disables my trial license. Assuming it even checks for a license. We will know in a bit.

EDIT: So i can confirm something is wrong with this program because it gives me a license error that my license expired the second i start the program. Nothing seems blocked so devs will need to check it out. Unfortunately it's above my skill level but at least we confirmed that it's not only you.

vmron

"So I can confirm something is wrong with this program because it gives me a license error that my license expired the second i start the program."

Thank you for the quick response. Some additional clarification, On1 was already installed and Rehips wouldn't create the rules so it would run. I uninstalled on1 and reinstalled, then Rehips created the rules. I have ran all other programs and rehips allowed all of them to work. One other question. Is the reason the Microsoft Edge browser not run in isolation mode, because it runs in an appcontainer?

aDVll

Quote from: vmron on June 25, 2016, 11:38:13 PM
"So I can confirm something is wrong with this program because it gives me a license error that my license expired the second i start the program."

Thank you for the quick response. Some additional clarification, On1 was already installed and Rehips wouldn't create the rules so it would run. I uninstalled on1 and reinstalled, then Rehips created the rules. I have ran all other programs and rehips allowed all of them to work. One other question. Is the reason the Microsoft Edge browser not run in isolation mode, because it runs in an appcontainer?
Correct. Edge is run in Appcontainer so Rehips doesn't run it in isolation. It's by design. Below the actual reply from devs.

Quote from: fixer
Microsoft Edge is an AppContainer application. We don't isolate AppContainer applications as this is superfluous

fixer

Thank you for your report, I'll take a look at this issue as soon as I download the distro, it seems to be quite big, ~700Mb.

fixer

Quote from: vmron on June 25, 2016, 09:03:18 PM
Tried to install on1 photo 10 on computer using deployhelper as administrator Deploy helper failed to start error message .
Most likely you tried to start installer from some real user profile folder (for example, Desktop). Isolated programs (and programs started by DeployHelper are isolated to some extent) don't have any access to real user profile folder. This is already mitigated, one-file installers can be started from anywhere.

ON1 Photo 10 has pretty strange license key storage. It tries to access registry HKLM and HKCU Software\Wow6432Node. This application is native x64, so trying to get access to Wow6432Node is quite strange. Noone guarantees this key exists, it doesn't try to create it, if it's absent, so it fails to store license key data leading to trial mode.
I'll add workaround in ReHIPS, but it's their bug, so you may want to report them.

fixer

This software is kinda fragile in terms of stability. If I have several users, I won't be able to use it from any other user besides the one who installed it. Even if I try to install it from different user, it refuses to run, just closes. At least on my 7 x64.

vmron

Quote from: fixer on June 27, 2016, 05:34:57 PM
This software is kinda fragile in terms of stability. If I have several users, I won't be able to use it from any other user besides the one who installed it. Even if I try to install it from different user, it refuses to run, just closes. At least on my 7 x64.

Thank you for troubleshooting this problem so quickly. I will get in touch with their tech support and see if other users are having this problem.