Main Menu

Testing in VM

Started by Overkill, June 25, 2016, 10:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkill

I just created a VM (Win 7 HB) and installed ReHIPS, so far something i've noticed is after I set up chrome the way I want it, when I run it isolated, it goes back to default settings as if it was just installed??? Also, are there any beginners guides available?

aDVll

If you do a change while not isolated it will not move to the isolated environment automatically. You will have to go into rehips settings and enable copy user data. The only time it copies things automatically is when you install the rules.
About beginners guide you might want to check the help file which you can get by clicking the ? on top right of the gui window.

fixer

Quote from: aDVll on June 26, 2016, 12:14:01 PM
You will have to go into rehips settings and enable copy user data.
I'd like to clarify this. If some files/folders or registry keys are already present in the isolated environment, Copy user data setting won't copy them. So it's only for the data that is present in real user profile, but absent in isolated environment.
So basically you either install rules (if your program is present in initial rules pack) or manually choose Allow in isolation and set Copy user data option. Then needed settings will be copied to the isolated environment. Since that moment isolated environment will have its own set of settings. And you can change them or real users settings, it won't affect the other set of settings. If you want to synchronize them, you'll have to delete isolated environment and recreate it.