how to apply product key to v 2.2.0?

Started by shmu26, June 29, 2016, 09:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

the product key I received upon registering works only for the old version (1.2.0.0), even though I started the registration process from the new version.

Umbra

Of course, v2.2.0 isn't released , still a beta, so you won't get a key by registering.

only confirmed and selected beta-testers are granted a key for v2.

shmu26

maybe I didn't make myself clear.
fixer gave me a link a while back, to the demo version of 2.2
every time I boot, it splashes a window telling me to register, in order to unlock the full program.
So I finally registered.
But the key doesn't work...

shmu26

It's kind of strange. I sent a PM to fixer about the issue, and I also emailed contact@re-crypt.com, but no answer.
any ideas what to do?

aDVll

Give fixer some time, he always replies. Probably he is busy with something.

Umbra

Quote from: shmu26 on June 30, 2016, 07:31:56 AM
maybe I didn't make myself clear.
fixer gave me a link a while back, to the demo version of 2.2
every time I boot, it splashes a window telling me to register, in order to unlock the full program.
So I finally registered.
But the key doesn't work...

It is a BETA; there is no sales yet for the v2.2.0, there is no "buy" page on the website, why did you register...?

Now, with luck,  the marketing team may transfer the license.

shmu26

like I said, every time I boot the computer, ReHips displays a registration window on my screen. Why should I think that it is a fake? Without registration, I cannot even run chrome in sandbox.

Umbra

Quote from: shmu26 on June 30, 2016, 06:34:23 PM
like I said, every time I boot the computer, ReHips displays a registration window on my screen. Why should I think that it is a fake? Without registration, I cannot even run chrome in sandbox.

of course it is a trial !  trials always have nag screen.

Chrome open 15+ processes and the trial is limited to 10 processes (and that is more than enough). If you took time to read the forum, you would know that you shouldn't use Chrome for testing it; you can use IE or FF.

Remember that you requested the trial.

Now you just have to wait that Fixer will read this thread and transfer the license.

shmu26

to clarify the issue, a reply from fixer, via PM:
"This beta version is the same as full release version in terms of licensing."

but it is not advertised on the website, as it is not yet available to the general public, only to participants in the beta program. To those participants who do register, a working key is provided, on an individual basis, and this key unlocks the full program.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on July 03, 2016, 08:28:03 AM
to clarify the issue, a reply from fixer, via PM:
"This beta version is the same as full release version in terms of licensing."

but it is not advertised on the website, as it is not yet available to the general public, only to participants in the beta program. To those participants who do register, a working key is provided, on an individual basis, and this key unlocks the full program.
Glad it's now sorted out.

fixer

Sorry that it took some time, I was on a business trip. Even if I lag with answer, don't worry, eventually I always reply and we'll sort it out.