QBittorrent, does not start with deployhelper

Started by harsha_mic, July 30, 2016, 10:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aDVll

Quote from: harsha_mic on August 09, 2016, 05:41:27 PM
Quote from: aDVll on August 09, 2016, 05:37:31 PM
What OS do you use? There is a bug of windows that user creation freezes(2-3min) and maybe that is what happened. That bug though seems to have been fixed in windows 10 anniversary update. If you use another OS or version you will probably have to wait until Microsoft decides to push the fix to that.
I use W10 64 bit Home edition. And that explains the reason!! Thank You.
I am yet to install W10 AU. However, the update is blocked by ReHIPS. I will uninstall ReHIPS and then install AU.
Thanks Again for you quick reply and to other posts! ;)
You don't need to uninstall. Just disable lockdown mode if you use it and then shut down the gui.  ;)
In such windows updates it's a good idea to disable all security software you run.

Btw when you update to Win 10 AU it would be great if you can try the deployhelper and report back if it fixed the issue and it's fast.

harsha_mic

Quote from: aDVll on August 09, 2016, 05:49:13 PM
You don't need to uninstall. Just disable lockdown mode if you use it and then shut down the gui.  ;)
In such windows updates it's a good idea to disable all security software you run.

Btw when you update to Win 10 AU it would be great if you can try the deployhelper and report back if it fixed the issue and it's fast.
Thanks for the tip. I have updated to Win 10 AU.

And did install qBittorrent through DeployHelper. I believe the issue is only partially fixed. I mean i see the installation startup time did not take couple of minutes, but it took good 30-45 seconds time to start!!

aDVll

Quote from: harsha_mic on August 10, 2016, 10:19:45 PM
Quote from: aDVll on August 09, 2016, 05:49:13 PM

Thanks for the tip. I have updated to Win 10 AU.

And did install qBittorrent through DeployHelper. I believe the issue is only partially fixed. I mean i see the installation startup time did not take couple of minutes, but it took good 30-45 seconds time to start!!
You have an hdd or an ssd? Because rehips doesn't just run the installer when you use deployhelper. First the rehips user needs to be created(10-15sec on ssd) and then the installer needs to be copied and then run. 30-40 sec really seem normal especially for an hdd. Would love to know if you use an hdd or ssd but in my opinion it's normal. Security has a few second cost  ;)
The freeze as i told you before it's 2-3min just for user creation so it seems it is actually fixed. Thanks for the confirmation.

harsha_mic

Quote from: aDVll on August 10, 2016, 10:32:54 PM
You have an hdd or an ssd? Because rehips doesn't just run the installer when you use deployhelper. First the rehips user needs to be created(10-15sec on ssd) and then the installer needs to be copied and then run.
This explains it. I thought ReHIPS user will be created later after installation, as installation itself happens in the real directory.
Thanks friend for information.

Quote from: aDVll on August 10, 2016, 10:32:54 PM
The freeze as i told you before it's 2-3min just for user creation so it seems it is actually fixed. Thanks for the confirmation.
Yes, it seems it is fixed. :)

Umbra

copy from another thread^^

personally, im using Tixati in portable mode (far better in my opinion than Qbittorent, which i used before); there is my procedure to make it works on my system:

1- set Tixati's download folder on another partition (say E:\Torrents)
2- i launch Tixati for the first time as "run isolated in Rehips", then the popup appears and i  check "allow network" and "copy user data"
3- i add the download folder (mentioned above) to the Object Permissions tab (allow read, write ; deny execution with "all subfolders and file inherit" )
4- normally, tixati is running in In virtual desktop; i close it.
5- i go to the rules , and uncheck "copy user data"
6- i click ok

done, now every time i download torrents,it is in IE