command lines -- HP printer

Started by shmu26, August 28, 2016, 01:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

Hi, I am trying to get my HP officejet printer to stop generating prompts every time I print, but I might have approved a command line that is too global.
please see attachment and tell me if this is okay

aDVll

To give you an educated guess then remove this command line and show me the full command line and logs of rehips. Do it at least twice to have 2 copies of the cmd. When you get an alert from rehips don't whitelist something just say run once so we get the full idea.

shmu26

I deleted the rule, and to my surprise, it printed without prompts.
I printed both from a file on the hard disk, and in chrome from a gmail attachment
so it seems that the other, more specific command lines that I have, for printer spool services, are sufficient.
I snapshotted them. They don't have wildcards and they look normal and safe to me.
tell me if you think otherwise.

EDIT: I think my mistake was when I got a prompt, I clicked on approve command line (that was right)
and I also clicked on always allow (that was wrong)

aDVll

Yeah, they are perfectly fine. Good job.

shmu26

correction: I didn't know this at the time, but the command line I was questioning is actually installed by default, I didn't create it.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on August 28, 2016, 07:56:22 PM
correction: I didn't know this at the time, but the command line I was questioning is actually installed by default, I didn't create it.
Even better. Nice job devs.