Main Menu

C:/ReHIPS

Started by shmu26, September 01, 2016, 10:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

what is the function of this folder and its three subfolders, which stay mysterious empty?

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on September 01, 2016, 10:27:15 AM
what is the function of this folder and its three subfolders, which stay mysterious empty?
It's folders you can give permissions to your programs in rules. For example all browsers have access to Browser by default, Office programs to Office etc...
It's so you don't have to browse to rehips user folder to find download from browser for example. You set the download location to C:\ReHIPS\Browser and you are done.

shmu26

I like that.
Can it be moved to a different partition, though?
I hate to lose my downloads every time I run a system image restore

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on September 01, 2016, 10:47:15 AM
I like that.
You can give access to any folder you wish mate in any location you want. Now if you want those default locations to ask you where to be located on rehips install that's a new feature and it's up to devs to decide.

shmu26

Quote from: aDVll on September 01, 2016, 10:49:08 AM

You can give access to any folder you wish
how to give access?
you probably already posted an image for me, showing how to do this, but I am having trouble with http://i.imgur.com
I think my IP is the culprit

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on September 01, 2016, 10:55:59 AM
Quote from: aDVll on September 01, 2016, 10:49:08 AM
Quote from: shmu26 on September 01, 2016, 10:47:15 AM
I like that.
You can give access to any folder you wish mate in any location you want. Now if you want those default locations to ask you where to be located on rehips install that's a new feature and it's up to devs to decide.
how to give access?
you probably already posted an image for me, showing how to do this, but I am having trouble with http://i.imgur.com
I think my IP is the culprit
Settings-Programs-Edit the program you want- expand the menu from the arrows at the bottom of the window - from tab object permission add what you want. Remember to change inheritance.
If you want images on how to do that tell me on which host to upload so you can see it and i will.

shmu26

I got it worked out, except for last step: how to get isolated chrome to download to my regular desktop?

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on September 01, 2016, 11:56:39 AM
I got it worked out, except for last step: how to get isolated chrome to download to my regular desktop?
You need to go in chrome settings and change download location

QuoteSettings-Show advanced settings-Downloads-Download location

fixer

We'll think about relocatable ReHIPS folder. No promises, but we'll think about it.

If you need it right now, you can try to look at "mklink", moving this folder wherever you want and creating link to it in C:\ReHIPS. Some links (hardlinks, if I remember correctly) don't work for different partitions though, so not sure, if it'll work.

shmu26

Quote from: aDVll on September 01, 2016, 11:58:56 AM

I got this to work with "Downloads", which in my case is located on a different partition.
but it doesn't work with "Desktop". Even if I choose desktop of my regular user, it goes into rehipuser desktop

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on September 01, 2016, 01:24:55 PM
Quote from: aDVll on September 01, 2016, 11:58:56 AM

I got this to work with "Downloads", which in my case is located on a different partition.
but it doesn't work with "Desktop". Even if I choose desktop of my regular user, it goes into rehipuser desktop
You can't add user profile folders and Desktop is one of those i believe. That would destroy the whole idea behind isolating real user profile folders.