REHIPS is not Sandboxie, and will not be.

Started by Umbra, June 14, 2016, 08:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbra

Quote from: Mr Cryptor on November 26, 2016, 03:00:37 PM
I mean I would like Teamviewer running sanboxed whie someone is remote access my computer using the Teamviewer.

you can't.  Teamviewer needs admin rights, ReHIPS deny it

btw, what is the point? why you want it sandboxed, if you purposely allow access to your system. If the person is supposed to help you how can it be done if he is restricted in any way...

If you have 2 computers you can test it yourself without risks.

Blomkist

Quote from: Mr Cryptor on November 27, 2016, 01:32:02 AM
Quote from: umbrapolaris on November 26, 2016, 05:54:35 PM
Quote from: Mr Cryptor on November 26, 2016, 03:00:37 PM
Even when using Teamviewer?

You mean you run Teamviewer as a slave and someone is doing remote control? or the opposite?

Remember that if you launch TeamViewer , you will get an alert (or not, depending the setting you had set) from the "HIPS"  (allow/isolate/block) , in the case you decide to isolate it, you have the option to block internet access to isolated programs.
I mean I would like Teamviewer running sanboxed whie someone is remote access my computer using the Teamviewer.

Teamviewer only lets you hide your desktop, the moment you give your ID and password to a person you agree to let him help you with your problem. You could use a vault ,that needs a password, to hide your personal files.

Duotone

Quote from: Mr.X on June 16, 2016, 06:58:02 PM
ReHIPS utilizes Windows built-in mechanisms only, no hooks therefore a good replacement for Sandboxie.

One reason I tested ReHIPS