Main Menu

google docs offline

Started by shmu26, November 28, 2016, 01:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on November 30, 2016, 11:33:32 PM
I reinstalled ReHIPS, and not only does google docs offline work without hitch, but isolated chrome is much faster than I remember it. It used to be a little bit sluggish.
I wish I knew what changed for the better on my system. I still have that troublemaker called HMPA...
With all those updates HMPA puts out each month who knows mate(it's the second sandboxie with all this updates). Have a feeling it's more problem than good but each to what he likes.

shmu26

what do you use to keep your browser out of trouble?
Even though it's isolated, but you still want your login credentials to stay safe, etc.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on November 30, 2016, 11:46:36 PM
what do you use to keep your browser out of trouble?
Even though it's isolated, but you still want your login credentials to stay safe, etc.
If you mean antiphishing i use Emsisoft AM and now added an extension similar to wot called avast online security that does phishing protection.
Other than that i use a password manager and the browser is isolated so no other application i have can affect it.

So don't think anything can happen. Even if they have a 0 day exploit they need to hack a site to see it because i block all ads. Let's say they even hack a site i use and a 0 day exploit for chrome downloads(if it's an exploit for adobe or something else it will not work because rehips isolates chrome)and escapes chrome sandbox. Now lets say it downloads the payload and runs, when i get the alert i click allow it will need to pass Emsisoft heuristics. Then the malware will need to grab the info from the password manager probably by redirecting me to a phishing site.
So many steps that is probably impossible for it to happen at least for my usage and the malware needs to be smart enough to do all the steps needed for my setup.

Might not be 100% correct on the technical details because i am no experts but you get the idea.

shmu26

thanks
HMPA latest beta is actually working pretty well for me, at least right now
I'll ditch it when it starts acting up again...

HJLBX

HMP.A always causes problems one way or another.  As soon as you find that it is stable and everything is working OK, it will be updated or you will update it, and then things will go right back to being broken again.