Firefox plugin-container

Started by Blomkist, November 30, 2016, 09:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blomkist

After few days of testing I can say it is stable. The only problem encountered was in Firefox , entering this webpage http://forum.clubmazda.ro/ the page gets stuck with the message "not responding". I tried changing the settings, deleting the environment and creating another with other settings , nothing. Other Firefox based browsers behave the same, Cyberfox and Waterfox. What temporarily solves the problem is closing plugin-container.exe in "Isolated Programs" and the page starts loading again.

Mozilla Firefox 50.0.1 64bit  add-ons : Last Pass, Webroot filtering (same effect with or without it),
AdGuard 6.1.258.1302

I don't want to mess with the settings anymore , are there any settings for plugin-container.exe ?

aDVll

Quote from: Blomkist on November 30, 2016, 09:33:41 PM
After few days of testing I can say it is stable. The only problem encountered was in Firefox , entering this webpage http://forum.clubmazda.ro/ the page gets stuck with the message "not responding". I tried changing the settings, deleting the environment and creating another with other settings , nothing. Other Firefox based browsers behave the same, Cyberfox and Waterfox. What temporarily solves the problem is closing plugin-container.exe in "Isolated Programs" and the page starts loading again.

Mozilla Firefox 50.0.1 64bit  add-ons : Last Pass, Webroot filtering (same effect with or without it),
AdGuard 6.1.258.1302

I don't want to mess with the settings anymore , are there any settings for plugin-container.exe ?
Do i need to do anything specific on that site for the issue to appear because it loads normally here. Can you do me a favour and exit adguard and try again?

Oh i see another difference. You use Firefox 64. If you run Firefox with rehips disabled does it do the same.

EDIT: Tested FF 64 bit and it's not that. Still loads main page without freezing.

Blomkist

QuoteCan you do me a favour and exit adguard and try again?

Yes, looks like after disabling Adguard the page loads fine. Never thought that adguard could crash the browser..  :o

Thanks

aDVll

Quote from: Blomkist on November 30, 2016, 10:14:42 PM
QuoteCan you do me a favour and exit adguard and try again?

Yes, looks like after disabling Adguard the page loads fine. Never thought that adguard could crash the browser..  :o

Thanks
I have similar bugs with adguard recently which are not actively worked by the devs and i am actually ignored. Switched to ublock origin for now until they fix their shit.

Blomkist

Switched to Ublock Origin in Firefox ,disabled filtering in Adguard and everything is fine now.

aDVll

Quote from: Blomkist on November 30, 2016, 10:32:51 PM
Switched to Ublock Origin in Firefox ,disabled filtering in Adguard and everything is fine now.
If you will have similar problems to me(empty pages, sites not loading) it's adguard. When i figured it out my days became peaceful.