Sharing settings between real users?

Started by Oxcloud, December 04, 2016, 05:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxcloud

Yesterday I setup a isolated environment for my Photoshop (and it's a bit tedious since it have three exe to be set differently) in my standard user account. I also have a Admin account, so I want to transfer the environment from the standard user to the admin. I do this by modifying the xml file. It works but I think maybe it's more convenient to allow real users to share the settings. Like, group some real users and assign the isolated environment to that group (So I don't need to modify the xml each time).

Another thing. I noticed that reHIPS have an admin guide which is easier to read than the built-in help file. I suggest to include it in the help file.

aDVll

Quote from: Oxcloud on December 04, 2016, 05:35:31 AM
Yesterday I setup a isolated environment for my Photoshop (and it's a bit tedious since it have three exe to be set differently) in my standard user account. I also have a Admin account, so I want to transfer the environment from the standard user to the admin. I do this by modifying the xml file. It works but I think maybe it's more convenient to allow real users to share the settings. Like, group some real users and assign the isolated environment to that group (So I don't need to modify the xml each time).

Another thing. I noticed that reHIPS have an admin guide which is easier to read than the built-in help file. I suggest to include it in the help file.
In the next stable version or a bit later there will be a rule manager which you can create a default configuration of rules and use it in all your accounts.

The admin guide is for a very old version. Many of the wording,names and gui changed.

Umbra

Quote from: Oxcloud on December 04, 2016, 05:35:31 AM
So I want to transfer the environment from the standard user to the admin. I do this by modifying the xml file. It works but I think maybe it's more convenient to allow real users to share the settings. Like, group some real users and assign the isolated environment to that group (So I don't need to modify the xml each time).

One of the very early requests we have made, as you i'm using SUA ; so don't worry it will comes, it is on their to-do list.

Oxcloud

Thanks for the reply.

So I have heard about the new version long time ago. The 2.2 beta testing start from March and yet to finish. What's the secret great feature they are developing?

Sorry for being curious, but I hope they are not trying to make a anti-virus or anti-malware, which nullify the point of hookless and probably won't be better than the existing solutions like Malwarebytes, plus creating unnecessary conflicts.

aDVll

Quote from: Oxcloud on December 07, 2016, 07:05:31 AM
Thanks for the reply.

So I have heard about the new version long time ago. The 2.2 beta testing start from March and yet to finish. What's the secret great feature they are developing?

Sorry for being curious, but I hope they are not trying to make a anti-virus or anti-malware, which nullify the point of hookless and probably won't be better than the existing solutions like Malwarebytes, plus creating unnecessary conflicts.
They are not. It's all about isolation nothing else.
Most feature suggested are for usability because as you can see the beta works great. Not many features were suggested that are not for usability.
Also programs are added in the default list and bugs reported are getting fixed. Let's just say they had 8 pages topics of things to check/add and only 1,5 is left.

Umbra

Quote from: Oxcloud on December 07, 2016, 07:05:31 AM

As said above, most of the stuff being done now are about usability and bug fixes. Core features and protection mechanisms are almost complete.

Oxcloud

That will be great! I found the current version quite stable besides some inconvenience when manipulating rules. And I like it. The final version will certainly be a top-notch security solution.

In the meantime, I will keep looking for bugs and give feedback. Hopefully they could release new version soon...