install program in ReHIPS user app data folder

Started by shmu26, January 10, 2017, 12:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

I use a widget called Toggl Desktop, it is a time tracker, and it installs only in app data/local. It doesn't let you choose another location.
I would like it to run in my Microsoft Office ReHIPS isolated enviromment, so it can interact with MS Word.
Any way to do this?
I tried deployer, but it wouldn't let me choose an existing ReHIPS user folder.
I tried running it from inside the Microsoft Office isolated environment, but it failed to install.

aDVll

Install it normally and when you run it and it gives you an alert tell it to run isolated. Then it will ask if you want a new isolated environment or an existing one. Choose existing one and select the MS office one.

fixer

Quote from: shmu26 on January 10, 2017, 12:30:56 PM
I tried running it from inside the Microsoft Office isolated environment, but it failed to install.
You tried to run installer? How did it fail?

shmu26

I did it the way you said, and installation worked.
when it failed for me the first time, I don't remember the error message anymore.

normally, if I already have a program installed, I just click on the rule, and change it to isolated, and then I can choose the environment I want. But that was not an option in this case, because it installs in the the real user space.

fixer

I've just tested it on win 10 x64. Tried to run the installer from existing isolated environment, it worked just fine. New beta build should be released soon. If you have time, could you check it with that new build?