How to Upload (Download) files in REHIPS isolated Browser

Started by Umbra, March 03, 2017, 08:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbra

hello,

so some user find difficult to upload files from browsers isolated in ReHIPS. That is normal , some locations are prohibited to access/get acessed by an Isolated Environment.

Method 1 :

ReHIPS creates a container located on C: , there you will put files for upload and find downloaded files. (screenshot method 1)

Method 2

(less safe , unless you take measure to tighten access to this folder)

In my case, i like to put my pix in an dedicated folder on another partition (and locked by other security apps). Then i create a direct access to this folder on my Chrome  IE.

1- Go to Settings > Program > select the user account you are currently in > select the browser Isolated Environment ( screenshot: step 1)
2- double click on it > expand the windows by the small handle (Screenshot: step 2)

You can see that i allowed read and write access (green checks) and forbid execution (red check) , because i want my browser to read (for uploads) and write (for downloads) on the folder but not execute any files.

Done, from now, you can upload & download pix on this folder without issues.

This can be used for any type of files.

XhenEd

I use the 1st one. There's no need to create another hole by using the second one. :)

Tarnak

Hi umbra,

At the moment I am posting this comment from my XP desktop, which doesn't have ReHIPS installed . Maybe, it was never meant for XP?

I can't check the method to use, or prefer, because my Surface Book is charging. Takes a couple hours. But, I can tell you that my C: drive is not partitioned, which I prefer.

fixer

ReHIPS is for Windows Vista SP1+ as a lot of new features were implemented in Vista which ReHIPS relies on. Anyway older Windows versions aren't supported even by MS anymore.
But it doesn't matter if disk is partitioned or not, it can be done on any configuration.

Tarnak

Quote from: fixer on March 03, 2017, 03:55:10 PM
ReHIPS is for Windows Vista SP1+ as a lot of new features were implemented in Vista which ReHIPS relies on. Anyway older Windows versions aren't supported even by MS anymore.
But it doesn't matter if disk is partitioned or not, it can be done on any configuration.

Now, I know why I didn't take much notice of ReHIPS at the time when it was first announced in the Wilders' forums. It wasn't for XP.

I only got involved with ReHIPS, since I got my Surface Book last year. Also, now it is x64 bits, too.  :)

Umbra

Quote from: XhenEd on March 03, 2017, 10:33:19 AM
I use the 1st one. There's no need to create another hole by using the second one. :)
indeed 1st one is easier , but i use method 2 because i have a particular system and security setup. 

paulderdash

Quote from: umbrapolaris on March 03, 2017, 08:40:21 AM
hello,

so some user find difficult to upload files from browsers isolated in ReHIPS. That is normal , some locations are prohibited to access/get acessed by an Isolated Environment.

Method 1 :

ReHIPS creates a container located on C: , there you will put files for upload and find downloaded files. (screenshot method 1)

Thanks @umbra