Questions about the License

Started by Reset, June 03, 2017, 04:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reset

Hi fixer and other staffs,

It is good to see the stable release finally coming out. I have some questions about the license:

• The license is for 1 year. Then what would happen when the license expires after one year? Would the protection be terminated, or just the paid version be turned into the free version?
  • Some other security softwares need to periodically establish network connections to query the license server. Does the paid version of Rehips also need network connections, or not?
  • If I understand correctly, the license is bound to the hardware. So we cannot transfer the license from one computer to another, right?
  • Would you consider to sell some lifetime licenses for promotion?
  • Would other payment methods, such as Paypal, be supported in the future?

aDVll

Quote from: Reset on June 03, 2017, 04:57:25 PM

Hi fixer and other staffs,

It is good to see the stable release finally coming out. I have some questions about the license:

• The license is for 1 year. Then what would happen when the license expires after one year? Would the protection be terminated, or just the paid version be turned into the free version?
  • Some other security softwares need to periodically establish network connections to query the license server. Does the paid version of Rehips also need network connections, or not?
  • If I understand correctly, the license is bound to the hardware. So we cannot transfer the license from one computer to another, right?
  • Would you consider to sell some lifetime licenses for promotion?
  • Would other payment methods, such as Paypal, be supported in the future?
1. It will revert to demo version.
2. Rehips is 100% offline so no connection required. You might though have to allow a local connection because the gui needs to communicate with the service.
3. Correct, it is tied to the hardware. Maybe they can replace the license if you do that. Developers need to comment on that.
4. Developers have to answer this but my opinion is that lifetime licenses kill software development.
5. Paypal is already supported.Click the paypal checkout button below the total amount on shareit buy page. http://i.imgur.com/xaV6e3E.png

Reset

For the fourth point, I do not mean that Recrypt needs to always keep selling the lifetime license.
Maybe the staffs could consider to sell the lifetime licenses in a limited time period, such as 48 hours or 72 hours, for promotion. ;)

aDVll

Quote from: Reset on June 03, 2017, 05:28:49 PM
For the fourth point, I do not mean that Recrypt needs to always keep selling the lifetime license.
Maybe the staffs could consider to sell the lifetime licenses in a limited time period, such as 48 hours or 72 hours, for promotion. ;)
Yeah, maybe. I am sure their marketing team has thought of promotion ideas but lets wait for a developer to comment on lifetime licenses.

Umbra

btw, i have : Virtual box  5.1.22 r115126 , but the license provided doesn't match for my Vbox,  i have a different ID.  does Vbox ID changes when it updates to a newer build?

aDVll

Quote from: Umbra on June 04, 2017, 06:33:09 AM
btw, i have : Virtual box  5.1.22 r115126 , but the license provided doesn't match for my Vbox,  i have a different ID.  does Vbox ID changes when it updates to a newer build?
Have the same version and hwid matches. It has to be something else. Someone on the forums also mentioned he got a different one.
He said his was (CBEEA890950AFB02C3A72068DEFF53D4345DC43A).

Umbra

Quote from: aDVll on June 04, 2017, 11:51:17 AM
Mine is same : 

aDVll

Quote from: Umbra on June 04, 2017, 01:50:10 PM
Quote from: aDVll on June 04, 2017, 11:51:17 AM
Mine is same :
Don't know what to tell you. Fixer will figure it out because he knows what is used for hardware id.

Umbra

maybe it is based on CPU brand.

fixer

3. As ReHIPS is a completely offline solution there is no way we can transfer license, so each such case is solved individually, just PM me.
4. It's up to our marketing department. I know the were planning to extend possible options, like lifetime license or maybe family pack, but I don't know details and prices yet.
5. We use share-it platform for money processing purposes, so it's up to them what payments to support. But if some need indeed arises to support some payment they'll refuse to support, maybe we'll move to some other processing company.

VBox HWID issue is noted, we'll solve it in PM.

Reset

Thank you for all your replies, aDVll and fixer ;D

dinosaur07

fixer,
I also have a licensing query and i couldn`t PM you directly so i mailed you. I suppose you got my email. I am waiting for your answer. Thanks, dino.

fixer

Hello, dinosaur07. Answered via PM.