How to delete and rebuild an isolated environment?

Started by shmu26, August 23, 2017, 10:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

Let's say I want to delete and then rebuild the IE for Chrome, but for only one of the computer's several users. What's the easiest way to do it? Can I keep the existing rules?
Actually, if the user does not have to sign in again to Chrome, and the IE rules remain the same, then I guess it doesn't matter so much if IE for Chrome gets deleted for all users.

aDVll

Quote from: shmu26 on August 23, 2017, 10:56:08 PM
Let's say I want to delete and then rebuild the IE for Chrome, but for only one of the computer's several users. What's the easiest way to do it? Can I keep the existing rules?
Actually, if the user does not have to sign in again to Chrome, and the IE rules remain the same, then I guess it doesn't matter so much if IE for Chrome gets deleted for all users.
You have to delete the IE which will remove rules,files, everything and then reinstall rules to copy your not isolated chrome. Sadly you will need to login again to Chrome because the user will change.

shmu26

Thanks.
I think that an easier way to do this was already put on the wish list, so I will leave it at that.
I tried one time to copy and paste the relevant ReHIPS user folder from a mounted system image, but it didn't work. Chrome didn't like that.

fixer

Chrome uses encryption for user data that is bound to current user. So when Chrome is executed from ReHIPS user (or another recreated ReHIPS user), it doesn't help to copy these files as it's another user and decryption fails. That's Chrome feature to prevent data stealing.