Failed to create user environment

Started by motormouth, September 14, 2017, 06:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motormouth

Hi I am trying to install rehips 2.2.0 on my Win10 pro admin account and get this failed to create user environment error ,even if I make my own rules ,any fixes pls.Thks

fixer

Hello, motormouth.

Thank you for your report.

There once was a similar error. It's described here https://forum.rehips.com/index.php?topic=9488.0 Probably you have the same issue. Could you try to create a new user manually? Right mouse button click on Computer->Manage->Local Users and Groups->Users. Create a new user there and don't forget to set some password. Then try to run any program from that user: in console (cmd.exe) execute
runas.exe /user:<new_user_name> notepad.exe
If user creation or program execution fails, most likely you have the same issue. Then try to look for the file mentioned in the blogpost and delete it. Then check if it solved the issue.

motormouth

Hi I do not see that file Hello Thanks for your reply ,I have no such file counter.dat anywhere in user area. I reinstalled rehips with same problem. Any ideas? Thks
I noticed default folder under user my user name does not have admin access under it ,is that normal?

fixer

Do you have C:\Users\Default\AppData\Temp folder?

And what about manual user creation and execution of a program from it? Does it work?

motormouth

I have a a temp folder in C:\Users\Default\Appdata\Local\Temp but it is empty.

fixer

It was a corrupt default user folder, as I suspected. So it's fixed by fixing the folder.