How to install Firefox the right way?

Started by shmu26, November 16, 2017, 06:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmu26

Problems installing firefox:

First of all, the silly installer stub decided to put firefox into my real user app data, so that obviously didn't work with ReHIPS isolation.

When I got my hands on an offline installer that gives options, it installed in program files. But then I couldn't import favorites and settings from Chrome, because Firefox was isolated. What to do?

A third problem, probably not related to ReHIPS, is that every site I tried to visit was considered unsafe, and was inaccessible. I don't have third party AV, so I don't think that scanning secure connections is the problem.   

aDVll

Disable rehips, install firefox, run firefox and do your importing, close firefox, check if a firefox isolate profile was already created and if it did delete it, click on install rules again and it should just copy stuff that you already imported.
Now for you just run firefox not isolated and do your importing, close firefox, check if a firefox isolate profile was already created and if it did delete it, click on install rules again and it should just copy stuff that you already imported.