Main Menu

Browser Freezes

Started by XhenEd, June 15, 2016, 10:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XhenEd

Since ReHIPS is installed on the Host OS, at first I thought that the problem is because I have other security software. I disabled them one by one, but the problem persists. Until, I tried to reproduce it on the Guest OS, which has no security except Windows' own built-in (Windows Defender/Firewall). And the problem occurred there too.

I use Pale Moon, as usual. What happens is that the browser freezes when I try to watch online videos. Sometimes, it's caused by Youtube videos. Other times, it's caused by other online videos. I think the freeze is because of Flash.

Can someone test this video: http://www.cloudtime.to/video/c7ed0612a5d48
It's preferable to use Pale Moon or Firefox.
Then, switch to full screen. Afterwards, wait for a few seconds.

aDVll

Did you add plugin container in the same isolated environment as Palemoon? For firefox the location is this so it should be similar.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe

Settings should be

Video doesn't freeze for me in Firefox so i can't really test it.

EDIT:Confirm you allowed plugin container as i showed you in image and i will install palemoon again to test if it still freezes.

Umbra

for info, on Chrome , no slowdown with Youtube and other.

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 15, 2016, 11:05:07 AM
Did you add plugin container in the same isolated environment as Palemoon? For firefox the location is this so it should be similar.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe

Settings should be

Video doesn't freeze for me in Firefox so i can't really test it.

EDIT:Confirm you allowed plugin container as i showed you in image and i will install palemoon again to test if it still freezes.
Yes, I did.

:(

XhenEd

Try the 42:00+ minute. Then, full screen. Then wait.
It stops for me after 5 seconds. Then if I exit full screen, I couldn't press anything because Pale Moon seems to have been frozen.

aDVll

Quote from: XhenEd on June 15, 2016, 11:26:30 AM
Try the 42:00+ minute. Then, full screen. Then wait.
It stops for me after 5 seconds. Then if I exit full screen, I couldn't press anything because Pale Moon seems to have been frozen.
Ok just tried this with palemoon 64bit and the info you gave but it doesn't do it for me.  :(
Maybe post your log since you start palemoon until the freeze happens. Maybe something is blocked there.

Ok found a freeze when you play with maximize and minimize a few times but give me some time to see if it happens always and even without rehips.

Ok happens only with rehips isolated environment.  Steps to reproduce.

Install palemoon 64bit
install ublock origin or some other adblocker because the site is cancer
Watch the video XhenEd linked here http://www.cloudtime.to/video/c7ed0612a5d48
Move to any time in the video
Click the full screen a few times to go in and out of the video player full screen.
It should freeze

XhenEd

Thanks for reproducing, aDVII!

For me, I only do the maximizing-minimizing once, and the browser is frozen.

XhenEd

aDVII, can you test with options separate desktop and hook control enabled?

Pale Moon wouldn't freeze for me if they are checked.

aDVll

Quote from: XhenEd on June 15, 2016, 11:53:46 AM

I will try. It's a bit hard to do because that site is bad and half the time decides i watched enough and blocks me from loading the video.

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 15, 2016, 11:58:51 AM

I will try. It's a bit hard to do because that site is bad and half the time decides i watched enough and blocks me from loading the video.
Weird 'cause I could play the video over and over again without any warning.

aDVll

Quote from: XhenEd on June 15, 2016, 12:03:44 PM

So you are right with hook control maximize and minimize doesn't freeze the browser. Though no such issues with youtube so no clue what is happening. Devs will need to check it.
Also doesn't happen in Firefox so it is something specific with palemoon. Maybe it needs hooks to function properly with flash video. Wait for Fixer to check it out.

XhenEd

Quote from: aDVll on June 15, 2016, 12:07:13 PM
Quote from: XhenEd on June 15, 2016, 12:03:44 PM

So you are right with hook control maximize and minimize doesn't freeze the browser. Though no such issues with youtube so no clue what is happening. Devs will need to check it.
Also doesn't happen in Firefox so it is something specific with palemoon. Maybe it needs hooks to function properly with flash video. Wait for Fixer to check it out.

Thanks!
Could you try the video here: http://beta.re-hips.com/index-en.html

aDVll

Yeah freezes also. It's something with embedded video. If you go and watch the rehips video on youtube it doesn't freeze when you minimize and maximize.

XhenEd

Thanks!

But I remember that there were youtube videos on the youtube site, itself, that triggered a freeze. I just forgot the links, and the history is gone because I cleaned the history for testing. But the problem is similar. The only difference was that I didn't have to make the video full screen for the freeze to happen.

But, yeah, as you said, this issue might be specific to Pale Moon alone.

aDVll

Wait for fixer. I am just guessing from what i observe. He is the one capable to properly check the issue.