Trackpad scrolling not working all of a sudden

Started by Tarnak, March 05, 2017, 03:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarnak

Two finger, up/down scrolling function has stopped on my Surface Book.  I have to disable ReHIPS, to get trackpad scrolling back.

Umbra

You didn't get a prompt/alert when the system boot after installing ReHIPS?
does your pad has an interface? if yes , launch it and allow it.

Tarnak

What kind of prompt/alert?  I am not understanding the question.

Umbra

alert from RehIPS if you set it on expert mode. sometimes the hardware depends on a GUI-ed driver , the "GUI" may need to load for the feature to function.

XhenEd

Does the scrolling stop in all windows, like when you scroll files in a folder, browsers, etc.?

Tarnak

Quote from: umbrapolaris on March 05, 2017, 07:40:23 AM
alert from RehIPS if you set it on expert mode. sometimes the hardware depends on a GUI-ed driver , the "GUI" may need to load for the feature to function.

I haven't used expert mode, as yet.  Does is throw up more alerts/prompts?

Tarnak

Quote from: XhenEd on March 05, 2017, 08:13:54 AM
Does the scrolling stop in all windows, like when you scroll files in a folder, browsers, etc.?

Yes....but, is OK when ReHIPS is disabled.

Umbra

Quote from: Tarnak on March 06, 2017, 01:51:54 AM
I haven't used expert mode, as yet.  Does is throw up more alerts/prompts?

Yes

fixer

There was a similar issue with isolated environment programs. If a program is isolated, some touchpad drivers fail to operate correctly with gestures. Some don't recognize separate isolated desktop, some fail to work even on main desktop. We tried to contact vendor and report this issue but to no avail. I guess it's the similar issue.

Tarnak

Well, I opened another browser, Vivaldi...still, not working...but, that ReHiPS 'arrow', for indicating different desktops, is showing.

Still, have Opera browser loaded, and now, scrolling is working in the browser.  Now, that is strange.

Umbra

Quote from: Tarnak on March 07, 2017, 02:57:38 AM
Well, I opened another browser, Vivaldi...still, not working...but, that ReHiPS 'arrow', for indicating different desktops, is showing.

Still, have Opera browser loaded, and now, scrolling is working in the browser.  Now, that is strange.

so two isolated chromium browser running at same time and the trackpad functon in one of them?

aDVll

Quote from: umbrapolaris on March 07, 2017, 09:52:20 AM

so two isolated chromium browser running at same time and the trackpad functon in one of them?
Vivaldi is on another desktop because it needs hooks controls while opera doesn't need them so it runs on the same desktop. This is why it doesn't function in vivaldi and works in opera.

@Tarnak What trackpad do you have exactly? Synaptics Touchpad?
I am asking because the new version on synaptic Touchpad seems to function in an isolated environment even though it's only on default settings. It recognizes you are on a different user so it starts with default settings which you have no way to change. At least not from a gui.

Tarnak

Yes...that's what it seeme.

XhenEd

Maybe the problem is the same as mine. But I asked him whether gestures don't work in all windows, he answered yes (gestures don't work in all windows). So, I just presumed that we have different, but maybe similar, problems with touchpads. :)

Tarnak

Quote from: aDVll on March 07, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

Vivaldi is on another desktop because it needs hooks controls while opera doesn't need them so it runs on the same desktop. This is why it doesn't function in vivaldi and works in opera.

@Tarnak What trackpad do you have exactly? Synaptics Touchpad?
I am asking because the new version on synaptic Touchpad seems to function in an isolated environment even though it's only on default settings. It recognizes you are on a different user so it starts with default settings which you have no way to change. At least not from a gui.

Microsoft is using it's own proprietary technology in the Surface Book. - "Precision Touchpad made its debut with Windows 8. Co-developed between Microsoft and touchpad company Synaptics, the spec changed how Windows works with touchpads."